Laser Island Voyages Back In The Day

Wait, for those unfamiliar with the Stronghold, here are some pics from the best set of guidebooks available:

IMG_1593.JPG IMG_1598.JPG IMG_1641.JPG IMG_1650.JPG IMG_1654.JPG IMG_1656.JPG IMG_1644.JPG IMG_1640.JPG IMG_1652.JPG IMG_1637.JPG IMG_1630.JPG IMG_1643.JPG IMG_1632.JPG IMG_1616.JPG IMG_1602.JPG IMG_1647.JPG

Could go on here, but ya gets the picture, LOL... not only does the Stronghold have world-class climbing, the views from the crags, domes & spires are INSANE, this huge natural stone fortress is truly amazing!!! These guidebooks are excellent, very well done in the compilation with good clear route descriptions & markings... some of those hardcore gals climb better than most guys, "Sturm und Drang" all the way, LOL. :eek:

REMEMBER, KIDS, TECHNICAL ROCK CLIMBING WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER SAILOR!!! YOU'LL BE MORE FIT, KNOW MORE KNOTS, HANDLE LINE & GEAR MORE EASILY, ETC., ETC!!! JUST SAVE THE BEER FOR AFTERWARD, THAT WAY YOU'LL LIVE TO GO SAILING, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ;) :cool: ;)

My cat Crackhead has been hittin' the sauce lately, caught him this morning sprawled across my bar:

IMG_2494.JPG IMG_2495.JPG IMG_2496.JPG IMG_2497.JPG IMG_2500.JPG

First it was beer missing from my fridge, now it's bottled booze levels sinking like the Titanic [sob], if this keeps up I'm gonna revoke his driving privilege and lock him down, LOL. Might even present him with a bill for booze consumed, 10-4? The blasted varmint!!! I don't care so much about the cheap vodka, but leave my rum & tequila alone!!! And stay outta my Wild Turkey!!! BAD KITTEH!!! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Angling for catfish with "the tail thing"---a plastic wand with a long fake tail attached, had the darned thing for years now and it's looking frayed but it's still hanging tough, LOL. Other pics are bonus kitteh shots:

IMG_2626.JPG IMG_2625.JPG IMG_2612.JPG IMG_2613.JPG IMG_2614.JPG IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2563.JPG IMG_2555.JPG IMG_2597.JPG
IMG_2615.JPG

Penultimate shot shows Tiger practicing for the ghetto riots: "HANDS UP, DON'T SHOOT!!!" :eek:

Last pic shows some flowers in my yard, don't ask me what they are, but they look pretty cool, LOL. :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah, gotta keep the cue racks covered in the Pool Room this time o' year, otherwise the sun strikes the cues and leaves "tan lines" on the wood, LOL. :confused:

CHEERS, YOUSE NAUTICAL HEROES!!! :cool:

Check out these signs my elderly neighbor has on her fence... gal must be in her 70s or 80s, but she's alright in my book, LOL. One more reason why there's virtually no crime in my neighborhood... even Grandma is strapped & packin', aye? :cool:

IMG_2778.JPG IMG_2779.JPG

Check the wording around the pistol bore... LOL. :rolleyes:

Sunset yesterday:

IMG_2923.JPG IMG_2925.JPG IMG_2926.JPG

And some bonus shots of the crew:

IMG_2865.JPG IMG_2871.JPG IMG_2874.JPG IMG_2936.JPG IMG_2918.JPG IMG_2929.JPG IMG_2932.JPG

That's Tiger doing his best Tyson impersonation in the last photo:

"I IZ DE CHAMPION!!!" [Sees Crackhead] "WHOA, A CONVENIENT EAR TO BITE!!!" :eek:

Damned right... they drink my beer & booze without asking too, the blasted varmints!!! However, I've done some soul searching lately and I *might* head back to the coast, possibly to live aboard a boat, I dunno yet. If I do that, and it's a big IF, I'll probably rehome the kittehs. I like Arizona, there's a whole heap of personal freedom here in the boondocks, but my staying here hinges upon finding steady year-round work, as I'm not retired... wish I were, but I'm not, 10-4? Between my age and the fake charges in Kalifornia, I'm having a rough time finding a decent job. Sometimes I feel like sailing away to Costa Rica, maybe clear to Australia to try my luck elsewhere... or I may just buy another home here in AZ, back toward the White Mountains, I dunno yet. I think I was born in the wrong century, should've been a pirate back when that meant something... board the phat Spanish treasure ship, grab the swag and make a "slow getaway" aboard my old wooden schooner, aye? "CONFUSION TO THE SPANIARDS!!!" LOL... :eek:

Might as well toss in some kitteh shots before I bail:

IMG_3055.JPG IMG_2994.JPG IMG_3056.JPG IMG_3059.JPG IMG_3061.JPG IMG_3062.JPG IMG_3063.JPG IMG_3064.JPG IMG_3065.JPG
IMG_3066.JPG

Nice mug shot of Phoenix with her nose all scratched up... she has been learning the fine art of scrapping with Tiger & Crackhead, LOL. They usually have fun doing this, looks like someone went overboard. Then there's Tiger, stepping on Crackhead and putting the "Dragon Claw" on his throat while sleeping, 10-4? That little Tiger is something else, LOL. CHEERS!!! :cool:

Tiger pulling hiking practice aboard the wooden privacy screen:

IMG_3155.JPG IMG_3156.JPG IMG_3157.JPG IMG_3158.JPG IMG_3159.JPG IMG_3160.JPG IMG_3161.JPG IMG_3163.JPG

"Just one sit-up, just one... I can do this!!!" LOL. Woke to some back pain this morning, dunno why except for old age, tossed some of that Cuervo into my breakfast smoothie to take the edge off, aye? ObamaCare at its finest!!! And that ridiculous Hawaiian birth certificate??? "FUHGEDDABOUTIT!!!" :confused: