Laser History

G

Goonie

Hi,
I am doing a project at school on SAILBOATS. And I decided to narrow my topic to Lasers to make it easier. Can any of you give some history of the Laser.

Thanks,
Seth

Check Dick Tillman's book "The Complete Book of Laser Sailing" for the beginnings. What would also be interesting would be the history of the Laser Class and its inclussion as an Olympic sport. Seeing the politics associated with the Olympics and those involved in the evolution of any organization it would prove to be interesting reading.

Post your paper when you are finished as I am sure others will enjoy it.

Is this for real?

Is the word 'Dick', as in the books of Dick Tillman really sensored?

This is crazy!!

I will adjust that automatic sensor. Sorry. It was installed by default.

Umm I cant get the book in the limited time I have :(. Too bad my project is going to be a video. But I will see what I can do in terms of getting it online ;)!!

Seth

Bradley,

Exactly when was this "automatic censor software" was loaded "by default"?

Thanks,

Shevy

Shevy,
of all the people on this forum, I thought you would have the answer. Did you get sidetracked from the censor?

Seth

ummm...k

hey seth, you can go on line to www.amazon.com and look up the book. when you find it, it will give you the option to look at some sample pages which is what i did. of the little that i scimmed, i did find some useful info on it's history.

Man, I never knew Canadian were the ones responsible for the LASER!!!!!

GO CANADA!!!!

Seth(thanks!)

Back