What's new

Laser Full Rig/ILCA 7 186501

AWoLnik

Price $
State
CONNECTICUT
City
New Haven
Selling my 2006 Vanguard Laser, sail number 186501. Originally belonged to a junior sailing program in Greenwich, CT. I purchased the boat in 2012 and updated all of the rigging and fittings and had the hull professionally wet sanded. I also purchased a brand new rudder in 2016, and acquired a good condition daggerboard around that time as well. I raced it at district-level events around the Chesapeake and New Jersey as a junior sailor through middle school and high school, 2013-2017. Hasn't been used much the past four years as I've been focusing on college sailing and 505s, and selling now since I'm graduating and don't want to move with it. The boat has always been stored indoors during winters, and with top and bottom covers on in my club's boat park during the season. The boat is currently being stored at Yale Corinthian Yacht Club (YCYC) in Branford, CT.

The hull is still bone dry and relatively stiff, and has a water-tight auto bailer installed. Would be an excellent boat for a junior sailor or someone wanting to race locally. Comes with everything you need to get started sailing Lasers/ILCA Dinghies.

Includes:
  • Laser/ILCA hull (hull itself is in great condition, one small repair high on the bow above the waterline, deck is in fair condition)
  • Full set of aluminum spars: boom, top section, full rig bottom section (fair condition)
  • Rudder (like-new condition)
  • Daggerboard (good condition)
  • Modern race rigging, Harken traveler block assembly, Rooster mainsheet, carbon tiller and tiller extension
  • Jotag dolly with gunwale supports (light and easy to assemble and disassemble, good condition)
  • Top Gun deck cover and hull cover (poor condition, have some miles on them, would do fine for sitting in a boat park, but would need replacing for long trips)
  • Class-legal full rig Mk. I sail (fair condition, good for local regattas and practice)
  • Intensity Sails full rig practice sail (fair condition, good for practicing/pleasure sailing)

Attachments