Laser Forum FAQ - Database of Information etc.

Ever since Bradley started categorizing things at the wiki, I can't open it. Does anyone else have that problem?

Sounds like a great idea. I've been meaning to teach myself the mediawiki syntax, so this is the perfect excuse.

Copyright is the killer, ther are lots of articles that would be helpful but can't be published on this Forum without specific release from authors etc.. etc..

Have already had a previuosly 'public domain' article denied 'publishing' even with referenced sources.

Need to address this issue first - then maybe we can get 'DR Laser' style articles published again - for registered members

Couple of points to add for people that can think outside the box.
Not everyone has access to cheap books. I live in Asia. I can't buy these books here in the shops. Period. I COULD buy them on-line - though no company will ship out here. So i would then have to buy them on line, ship them to a friend, who then has to re-send them to me. And then i have to transfer money to my UK bank account to pay off my UK credit card. (Asian credit cards are not generally accepted online) Conservatively, that's doubled the cover price of the book.

Like a previous poster said, we live in an information world. We want answers and we want them now.
A decent Wiki is the way forwards.
I'm sure all the information we want answers to is in this forum 'some where' but it's the time consuming element that is frustrating it.
I vote for a wiki !

Hi Colin
To get back to your original proposal it is simply superb by virtue of it being simple. I don't have the expertise to really help but commend you on behalf of one of those who would benefit from your idea.
As an ignoramus-does Al Sharpton sail a laser, or have I not followed this thread too well?
Mick

ok, I'll try and take it easy, but I will not apologize to the Rev Al Sharpton!
There's no need to apologize to the Rev. Al Sharpton, but now you owe me an apology for saying that (as the writer of a book about Africa), and let's go ahead and get an apology to the readers of TLF for the original language.
I was referring to this interchange from the first page of this thread. It wasn't meant to be a serious question. It just seemed to me that the purpose of the original helpful proposal by Colin was being lost by Ross. If he does not have a need for the proposed information site then he does not have to access it.
Vituperative remarks are not what TLF is about as far as I can discern.

ok, I'll try and take it easy, but I will not apologize to the Rev Al Sharpton!
There's no need to apologize to the Rev. Al Sharpton, but now you owe me an apology for saying that (as the writer of a book about Africa), and let's go ahead and get an apology to the readers of TLF for the original language.
I was referring to this interchange from the first page of this thread. It wasn't meant to be a serious question. It just seemed to me that the purpose of the original helpful proposal by Colin was being lost by Ross. If he does not have a need for the proposed information site then he does not have to access it.
Vituperative remarks are not what TLF is about as far as I can discern.

Oh, now I remember. I can't vouch for the quality of jokes on TLF, but meant for a joke it was.

I believe that Ross has turned over a new leaf, so please let's just let it lay. :)

As for the LaserWiki, anyone, and I mean ANYONE, can place a Laser related article in it. If you see a well-written thread, please feel free to take its essence and make an article of it for the Wiki.

Back