Laser Forum Avatars

WestCoast

So, I finally added an avatar for the forum. In other forums, most everyone has a picture by there name, here, most of us do not.

Anyway, mine is now a picture of t-shirts that I have in the shop.

*oh, I added a line under my name too (10 stone of fun) that's pretty ridiculous, but what do YOU have ?

rock steady said:
I like avatars, it gives a forum personality.
Hi,
some time ago in 2004 I had your avatar :) It shows a pro-Laseritefrom Canada. The photo is taken in the moment, the toe strap of his Laser suddelny tore and he had to go for a swim... A very cool photo, no doubts :)

Before that avatar, I had one of me, where I was starting to reach off sailing a rented Laser-Pico on a big Lake in the Netherlands.

Our administrator here switched the style of this Forum several times. All my photos that I made at the former Photo-Gallery went lost and the 1st avatar, too. During the last switch in the style of this forum, unfortunately all avatars went into a "modern art"-style. I was not able to delete my one and the administrator had to delete it on my demand.

Perhaps I add a new one, but I'm not sure in the moment, which photo I'll take for that.
Ciao
LooserLu

P.S.: Georges avatar reminds me a bit to the nice logo of the "Hard Rock Cafe"-Chain

I purchased a very old laser a couple of years ago (#1488 ), the name on the boat was "Sweetums" . Its bad luck to change the name so it stays. Sweetums was a lovable large charicter in a 70's pupett TV show called the muppetts .....my avatar is Sweetums

Ludwig - that's what it is :) *don't tell anyone though, I'll get in trouble! - you should get an avatar Ludwig, there are some good small laser pictures out there on the internet you can use.

Sweetums huh? Looks friendly enough.

Hey there 144679 I used your avatar as the back ground for my outer screen on my cell phone...perfect size

By the way George...very nice logo...how much would it cost me for a large T shirt??

I think I sold the first case at $10 each.

There are screen printers next door to the shop here, so I'm having them cook me up another batch. Should have 'em this week or next.

Laser76489 said:
Hey there 144679 I used your avatar as the back ground for my outer screen on my cell phone...perfect size
what rig do you sail??

when i was in the radial my avatar was the same as it is now but had Radial written in red underneth it, i can bring it up if yor sail the radial

Full rig...I'm am old guy:( and like most of us old guys when we were the right wt for radials and 4.7s the only thing that was out there was a full rig...Things have got a bit out of hand I now have 3 full rig boats all old....but younger than me. :eek: The avatar I stole from you is the current one.:)

LooserLu said:
Our administrator here switched the style of this Forum several times. All my photos that I made at the former Photo-Gallery went lost and the 1st avatar, too. During the last switch in the style of this forum, unfortunately all avatars went into a "modern art"-style. I was not able to delete my one and the administrator had to delete it on my demand.

I started to write a long explanation as to why the avatars got corrupted and thus deleted, but that doesn't really help you much. Instead, I will offer you this: Sorry. I hope we won't have that problem again.

Please have fun with the avatars! They are a feature under used that can add a great amount of personality to a screen name.

Cheers,

Bradley said:
...They are a feature under used that can add a great amount of personality to a screen name.
Exact. :)

And thats one of the reasons, why I wait in the moment. I not have a "useful" pic for an avatar in the moment: Boat is new, lakes are frozen here and LooserLu still has to be in hibernation. Hopefully in a few weeks, I can take a suitable photo (f.e.: The LooserLu racing an Opti the at the famous "Lake Aasee Easterbunny series" ;)

All I know, the old avatars got in that funny-style by switching the TLF to a new fat and fast internet-server... "sh§% happens"..., right, Bradley? ;)

Never mind

Ciao
LooserLu

Hello, talking about avatars, I think the best one I like so far in this forum is the one posted by 'rock steady'. It is somehow funny (not so fun for the guy whose toestrap gave way suddenly and sending him flying) yet it sends you the message that 'Sailing is Fun'...

Thanks mee168. I started using this after the very same thing happenned to me. It gave my fleet belly laughs for weeks, so I feel I have earnt it ;-)

Hi 'rock steady', it has also happened to me before while I was sailing a byte in strong wind. That day, I just felt brave and was trying to hike out hard like a 'pro' and then it gave way and I was thrown quite far off. Embarassing and only thought in mind was to swim fast to catch hold of the boat. Haha...

Mike-

We're starting a new advertising period, so you'll mine back up there in a few days. I need to come up with something a little better too.... :)

Back