What's new

Laser for Sale (standard rig)

solfox

(For photos please take look here: Laser Sailboat - boats - by owner - marine sale .)

I am selling an older but fully functional standard rig Laser - perfect for casual racing or frostbiting, or just spending fun days on bays and lakes. Comes with a Dynamic Dolly purchased last fall and an Intensity Sails cover.

I am selling the boat because I didn't win the beach permit lottery and don't have a place to store it and sail it over the summer.

Condition/refits (all done in 2020):
- The mast step was preventatively reinforced in 2020, with two access ports installed.
- The hull-deck joint was repaired and reinforced around the whole boat with thickened epoxy
- New running rigging, including a Rooster mainsheet
- New tiller and tiller extension (Ronstat battlestick)
- New brass cockpit bushing
- New traveler block
- One older sail - works if you plan to race I'd recommend getting a new one

- Hull could certainly be faired for speed - this is not a Tokyo boat, unfortunately.
- Same goes for foils - both perfectly fine but some fairing would definitely improve the boat's performance.
- Expected dinks for the age but no repairs needed (there is a small gelcoat chip on the starboard side of the deck that was - not very well - patched by the previous owner but I never bothered to repair it myself).
- Boat is still quite sturdy, everything works

Extra items that come with the boat:
- New Hawk Wind Indicator MK2
- Extra boom blocks
- Sail telltales to be glued on a new sail
- Old wooden tiller and a shorter tiller extension

jledbelly

Looks like this was sold. The lack of response to the latest inquiry and the fact that the photos page was taken down suggests it's gone. Too bad. If I'm wrong, please let me know.