Laser Fleet in MA or RI

laserr712

Are there any Laser fleets in MA either near Boston or in the Cape that people sail at or even in RI because i am interested in joining a fleet that races weekly in the summer for cheap where i can gain some racing experience. Thanks, Jeremy

Check out District 7 on the web. I know we have a good, fun, and growing fleet up here in Newburyport, MA but that would be a bit out of your way. Of course if you don't mind going to Newport, RI they have a great fleet.

I sailed a few times at sailnewport with their frostbite fleet but im pretty sure they only sail in the winter. Do you know if this is true? Also, when do you sail in Newburyport it sounds fun.

I'm not possitive about the Newport fleet but when I race in that vicinity the Newport guys are very good.

In Newburyport we sail at the American Yacht Club. The fleet is young and growing, last Sunday we had 15 boats with more promising to be there this Sunday.It is still competetive but more fun than anything.

yeah i've heard about that fleet but i also heard that its really expensive although im not positive about that

According to the HYC website, it is $75 for members and $225 for nonmembers. I am not sure if that is for the entire summer or just one series. If it is only for the series, that is a pretty expensive 4 day series.

I went to the AYC website but there's no info about the Laser Sailing. When should on be there? I assume it's dependent on the tides. Talking about this Sunday 19 June Thanks Stephen

Back