Laser Fitness

laser98706

Hello all,

I'm really out of shape. Unfortunately, my summer didnt allow for much lasering. :( So here's my question:

I need a workout program to get back in shape. But I dont know of any good ones. What do most laser-ites out there do to stay in shape in the offseason?How do i find a good workout program?

Perplexed,

ok i ride my bike as much as possible, tgry to do a sport on the side that will get ur fitness up such as football, soccer and i like volleyball. as for a fitness program just get a hiking chair and use it instead of a normal chair thats what i do.

hope that helps

You can also find a nice series of articles written by Meka Taulbee, a certified trainer, published in The Laser Sailor. This is an ongoing column, you can see old articles in the back issues located at http://www.laser.org/m/_general/Lasersailors.asp

The downloads are large, don't attempt if on a dial-up connection! The articles are typically around page 30-35 or so.

Tracy

Here is the Brazilian laser website which no longer exists but got from the wayback maxhine.

It is attached as a PDF file

SFBayLaser said:
You can also find a nice series of articles written by Meka Taulbee, a certified trainer, published in The Laser Sailor. This is an ongoing column, you can see old articles in the back issues located at http://www.laser.org/m/_general/Lasersailors.asp

The downloads are large, don't attempt if on a dial-up connection! The articles are typically around page 30-35 or so.

Tracy

Attachments

• Laser Dinghy Fitness.pdf
    96.1 KB · Views: 117
laser98706 said:
Hello all,

I'm really out of shape. Unfortunately, my summer didnt allow for much lasering. :( So here's my question:

I need a workout program to get back in shape. But I dont know of any good ones. What do most laser-ites out there do to stay in shape in the offseason?How do i find a good workout program?

Perplexed,

HI!-My name is Meka Taulbee and I am a certified trainer that has worked with quite a few laser sailors in the US. There are a ton of different options to choose from to get in shape. the best program really depends on the individual. I am more than happy to get you headed in the right direction and answer any questions you may have. you can contact me by going to our site at www.sailfit.com. Feel free to call or email anytime.

Cheers

Hello there...

Wondering if anyone could help: where does one get a hiking chair?

(I am based in Spain and travel regularly to UK & Ireland but I guess that doesn´t matter with Internet purchasing)

Thank you
Vincent

On the PDF file i posted above there is the method of making your own hiking chair.

Vincent said:
Hello there...

Wondering if anyone could help: where does one get a hiking chair?

(I am based in Spain and travel regularly to UK & Ireland but I guess that doesn´t matter with Internet purchasing)

Thank you
Vincent

Thanks Tamarisk

Ive printed it out and will read it tonight. Sadly I don´t think I´ve left myself enough time to make any difference to my performance this weekend (Spanish National: my first ever laser regatta!)

Still will work on this for the long term...

Thanks very much!
Vincent

Well at least you have a laser.

I am waiting for the opportunity to try one.

BTW good luck for the race.

i sail on an h-boat

http://www.segeln.ch/bilder/H-BOAT.jpg

but in my opinion nothing beats the sensitivity of a Dinghy.

Vincent said:
Thanks Tamarisk

Ive printed it out and will read it tonight. Sadly I don´t think I´ve left myself enough time to make any difference to my performance this weekend (Spanish National: my first ever laser regatta!)

Still will work on this for the long term...

Thanks very much!
Vincent

Hi Corey,
don´t forget to visit the drLaser.org "Maintenance and Fittness"-area. Much hints for getting a good physical fittness for Laserites to find there, I think.

Personally, I´m only a recreational Laserite. I go swimming about 1 nautic mile (no-no, not only while capsizing with my Laser.... ;-) ) twice a week in about 35 weeks a year. Much biking (in winter: home-trainer) and stretching (like in alpine-skiing) especially before starting the main sport). That enough for my weekend/vacation-adventures with my Laser.
Ciao
Ludwig/LooserLu

Back