Laser Falling Down Mountain

JaykMadia

I once saw a video of a laser falling down a mountain. I believe it came from a feature length movie in which a laser was fixed to the top of a car and came loose and fell. I’ve seen talk of it before, but cannot find the thread. Any help is appreciated.

JM

I also recall seeing this. I think it was staged, in order to demonstrate the hull integrity of the early Lasers....

Here it is :)

At 30:45

Attachments

• Hot Yachts Cold Water Screen shot.jpg
    Hot Yachts Cold Water Screen shot.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 77
Thanks Horizon! There is SO much other interesting material in that film... Even if you're interested only in Lasers, check out 12:50 to 15:57, too :)
Looking at the sail numbers, the footage is from 1975.

_

Yes, thanks, Horizon. My first few Laser outings were via cartop. Luckily I only shed spars once, and not the hull.

And Lali, I'd not seen the 12:50 footage before. That's at China Camp beach, San Pablo Bay, CA. Where I first took my new Laser in 1982 and met my "Gurus" - other friendly Laser sailors who helped me cut my teeth on this challenging little boat.

Last edited:
A little bit more about the Warren Miller film "flying Laser" sequence here from the "New Laser Sailing" by Dick Tillman and Dave Powlinson

Attachments

• The New Laser Sailing re Warren Miller film .pdf
    710.9 KB · Views: 115
And some more vintage Laser sailing here. I think where the sailors have numbered vests on, that is from the Laser Heavy Weather Slalom

Back