Laser Cunningham & Outhaul kit

oluebker

I found a brand new Upgrade Kit on eBay ending today for $220. That's a best price I've ever found it for. Has anyone found it for less?

The same seller is selling a weight training vest...sounds like a good training tool...any thoughts?

yer upgrade kit seems a good price just make sure theres everything there and the condition of the expensive parts are good e.g. the cam cleats. and weight vest seems a good idea for sailing but whats in it? if its water thats ok but bear in mind what happens when youre swimming with a weight jacket? if its water when youre in the warer is weightless so thats ok but as soon as you try getting into the boat its gonna work against you! just some advice but will help for going mental speeds in a full rig in gale force winds!

Weight vest sounds like a good way to mangle your back, especially if you've never done any lower back strengthening of any kind.

They use to allow them in Laser/Finn sailing, didn't they? I've heard some stories about back issues.

Doesn't Glenn Bourke mention them in his book?

In any case...Lower back does not want.

a weight vest would be illegal unless it weighed about nothing. the RRS says that your clothing could be weighed and subject to you being disqualified if they are a little too heavy. and also you would kill your back.

Yes, weight jackets were banned more than a decade ago as the result of how many back injuries were occurring from wearing them. In addition, there are stict limits on how much your sailing gear can weigh.

Back