Laser Colour Concept

All i can say about the colour scheme is that my local laser dealer offers yellow or blue waterlines. So the hull is either yellow or blue from the gunnel down to the waterline, with a white bottom i guess.

jackson, what laser dealer? if your talkin bout The Yacht Shop, they aint laser dealers, theres only 2 laser dealers on this side of melb, Jolly Roger & Catamarine down at rosebud, hmmm, stupid Yacht Shop lost the deal, suckers, well, it sucks for us as well.

Yeah, i was talking about Jolly Roger. I've never been down to Catamarine, i'll have to have a look. Anyway, the color scheme is like $250 Aus. Did the 2000 olympic boats have some type of color scheme?

yes, they had the olympic circles i think, cant remember, but i would imagine that catamarine would be more expensive cause its run by Mark Bulka, Aus Etchells Champion, sails outta mornington.

Plain is better for racing. If you and a few other boats are over the line you are more likely to be picked out if your boat looks distinctive.
Phil

Plain is better for racing. If you and a few other boats are over the line you are more likely to be picked out if your boat looks distinctive.
this is the reason why you also shouldnt have large sponsorship in the front third of your sail!
the Sydney 200 olympic boats had a light blue colour concept thats all other than on the fron quarter it said 'sydney 2000' in white, obvioulsy some stencil fot the boats.

there was one cool laser that i saw at laser nationals (canada) last week. Ive been told that it is an austraulian hull and it is all the same, spotty wintergreen colour. Very sexy boat, but i dont know if it is what you mean by "colour scheme"

Back