Laser Bahia jib fixing

cenaioli

Hi there, I am new here. Please could someone make a suggestion for my Laser Bahia. I sail mainly single-handed and find cleatin g the jibsheet a right pain depending on my position on the boat. The layout is the standard block and separate static cleat at 90 degrees as delivered by Laser: I am think that it would be useful to have some sort of swivel/clam cleat to resolve this problem. Preferably I would like a solution that uses the positions embebbed in the deck ( for the block the "holes " are 2.5cm apart, and for the cleat they are 3.5cm apart - I am in Europe so fittings are metric (I think), otherwise would be one inch and 1.4 inches apart respectively.) I don't want to have to drill into the deck if at all possible to avoid. I am pretty sure that someone has discovered a solution, says he hopefully...

Simplest solution: get a crew, or switch to a singlehanded boat.

That said, your Bahia crew would certainly appreciate a good aft fairlead on the jib cleats. I assume your boat has the 38 mm (that's a standard size) Allen cleats, so a pair of Mega Pro Leads would be the answer. If the problem is in the vertical plane, you can fit a riser under the cleat. (Posting a few pictures of your current setup wouldn't hurt.)

By the way, I sailed on your lake five years ago :D Good times and memories.

_

Thank you for your suggestion. I am not sure how this works, as I am unfamiliar with this bit of kit, but I will order and see if I can figure it out. Much appreciated

Back