Laser as SUV

wow. you got a nice vessel made oit of your laser there. goes to show what a great the thing the laser is. although i am thinking what would happen if you capsized.:eek:

wow. you got a nice vessel made oit of your laser there. goes to show what a great the thing the laser is. although i am thinking what would happen if you capsized.:eek:

Good point! I always tell myself that capsizing with all that crap on board (there's more stuff in front of that big red bag) is not an option. But of course, with a Laser, capsizing isn't IF, it's WHEN.... So, all the stuff is in waterproof bags, and I have a rescue knife on me, in case I have to cut any of it away to effect righting the boat.

Wow that brings me back, I lived in Dillon Beach from 77-80 even though no landmarks in your video per se I recognize that fog..... I sailed Tomales Bay a few times but didn't have a laser then. Lots of realy nice un specified beaches in that area!

Good point! I always tell myself that capsizing with all that crap on board (there's more stuff in front of that big red bag) is not an option. But of course, with a Laser, capsizing isn't IF, it's WHEN.... So, all the stuff is in waterproof bags, and I have a rescue knife on me, in case I have to cut any of it away to effect righting the boat.
also in the video the bow seems to be riding the chop pretty well. is the load particularly light or are you sitting way too far back??? all in all i really love the idea.:)

also in the video the bow seems to be riding the chop pretty well. is the load particularly light or are you sitting way too far back??? all in all i really love the idea.:)

The bow load probably is about 60lbs. I weigh 190 and and I was sitting way aft, and also had a 5 gallon jug of water in the back of the cockpit. I've sailed this load in heavier weather, too, and the weight seems to improve the handling - drives through the seas like a truck!

Back