Laser and Banshee

HECS

Being interested in design, I wonder if there's anyone here who has sailed with or against Banshees much. Bruce Kirby reckons the Banshee (cut down FJ) was a nice little boat and initially it did well in one of a kind regattas against the Laser. I haven't sailed one for a million years and they aren't seen much around here. Anyone else have much experience with them?

I'm not asking about durability, racing, etc as I have no intention of buying one, i'm just interested in the way the very different hull shape affects its performance.

HECS said:
Being interested in design, I wonder if there's anyone here who has sailed with or against Banshees much. Bruce Kirby reckons the Banshee (cut down FJ) was a nice little boat and initially it did well in one of a kind regattas against the Laser. I haven't sailed one for a million years and they aren't seen much around here. Anyone else have much experience with them?

I'm not asking about durability, racing, etc as I have no intention of buying one, i'm just interested in the way the very different hull shape affects its performance.

I sailed one as well but like you said it was a million years ago. As I remember it was a cool boat and not bad agaist the Laser but not as fun to sail and did not jump up onto plane like a laser. Check out this site http://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/cet/Banshee/

Back