Laser 4.7

coop

Are the 4.7 district champs for youth only? I wish the Worlds would be open to all ages, as I'm just too small to be competitive in a radial in 25 knots. I'm considering grabbing a 4.7 rig but it is not worth it if I can't race it anywhere since I'm 28.

Are the 4.7 district champs for youth only? I wish the Worlds would be open to all ages, as I'm just too small to be competitive in a radial in 25 knots. I'm considering grabbing a 4.7 rig but it is not worth it if I can't race it anywhere since I'm 28.

4.7 worlds are for youth only. I'm sure any other event would be open for those provided you get the boats. You should email the D7 secretary and she should be able to answer your question.

25 knots is overpowering for a lot of people, plus it's not like it blows that all the time. You should be fine in a radial.

yeah, 25 knots was just my example since the organizers apparently want to be sure everyone who competes can handle up to 25.

Really, though, I have to totally depower the sail at 15-18 knots. I mean flat sail, hiking full out, and still pinching and easing. I weigh 130 lbs with all my gear on and it's just hard to compete outside of regional stuff with that weight disadvantage.

Back