Laser 28

Welcome. You are on a forum for Laser dingy one man 15 foot sailboats. In case you didn't know. Still a good place reach avid sailors.

You are on a forum for Laser dingy one man 15 foot sailboats. In case you didn't know.
Actually, this forum is open for Laser 2 and other boats whose names include "Laser". In case you haven't noticed.

(And the Laser is less than 14 ft long.)

_

Yeah, I think Laser #2069 was about 13'10" in length, but maybe I had the gudgeons stripped when I measured her... way too long ago for me to possibly remember, LOL. Meh, no worries, she still sailed fine, and I won the only race I ever bothered to enter, though that victory occurred in a different class. I'm thinking this OP meant Laser 2, but ya never know... maybe the drugs kicked in and the boat looked 28' long, AYE??? :eek:

Had some memory recall after turning off my computer last night and lying down... Laser #2069 was 13'10-1/2" in length, but I still can't remember if that included the gudgeons, been too long for me to be sure either way. That boat above doesn't look bad, nicely proportioned for a fractional rig, maybe it's just the angle of the photo but the mast rake looks a bit severe, perhaps that owner likes it that way. I don't suppose Bruce Kirby and associates had anything to do with the design of this one? Or is it just another boat builder using the Laser name? :rolleyes:

I copy that, can't blame 'em for tryin'... imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, might as well name one's boat after a proven success to see if one can get a share of that money, LOL. :rolleyes:

I'm working on a new boat design myself. I'm going to call it the Laser Aero. Either than, or the Aerofish. I think I may need to talk with my lawyers.

Aero is a cool name... so is Arrow, but I'm biased since I like 3-D archery, LOL. ;)

The lawyer line reminds me of an old joke: a busload of lawyers went off a cliff, and the tragedy was there was an empty seat, LOL. :rolleyes:

The 28 was/is a great PHRF boat. It was a Kirby design as well as several other keel boats bearing the Kirby name.

Back