Laser 2 wood stringers missing...

Hello,
Anyone have templates for the plywood supports for an ‘87 Laser 2?
The rest of the boat is sound-but these rotted away!

Thanks for the help.
G

Attachments

• 3105F082-DF1A-46DA-B6A0-4814A3FFC086.png
    3105F082-DF1A-46DA-B6A0-4814A3FFC086.png
    3 MB · Views: 45
Anyone have templates for the plywood supports for an ‘87 Laser 2?
The rest of the boat is sound
No. Laser 2 building was terminated in 2008 when LaserPerformance was established by Performance Sailcraft Europe buying Vanguard, the only other L2 builder. The chance of finding anything resembling a template for any L2 part more than ten years later is very slim indeed.

Is that picture of the boat in question? You have a pretty original definition for "sound", if that is all that's left.

_

Lol :)
The rest of the boat exists. From the floatation bags to the sails. I’m good with tackling more difficult projects, but I do like to sail-so don’t want to spend forever trying to figure the supports out if you get what I mean.
No. Laser 2 building was terminated in 2008 when LaserPerformance was established by Performance Sailcraft Europe buying Vanguard, the only other L2 builder. The chance of finding anything resembling a template for any L2 part more than ten years later is very slim indeed.

Is that picture of the boat in question? You have a pretty original definition for "sound", if that is all that's left.

_

And by good, i mean I’m up for it-not nessassarily good at it ;)
Lol :)
The rest of the boat exists. From the floatation bags to the sails. I’m good with tackling more difficult projects, but I do like to sail-so don’t want to spend forever trying to figure the supports out if you get what I mean.

Oh, my... At the moment, I'm trying to get two Lightnings in shape for the Europeans and Youth Worlds next week, and I'm getting desperate with technical problems that are absolutely trivial compared to yours!

If my understanding is correct, the rights to the Laser 2 are held by sailboats.co.uk in England. I have no idea if they actually possess any L2 tooling, or whether they ever had plans for restarting production as they're not a boat builder really, but a dealer and chandlery. But that's the only place I can think of where one might even ask.

_

Ok, thanks for that. Much appreciated!

QUOTE="LaLi, post: 170560, member: 34714"]Oh, my... At the moment, I'm trying to get two Lightnings in shape for the Europeans and Youth Worlds next week, and I'm getting desperate with technical problems that are absolutely trivial compared to yours!

If my understanding is correct, the rights to the Laser 2 are held by sailboats.co.uk in England. I have no idea if they actually possess any L2 tooling, or whether they ever had plans for restarting production as they're not a boat builder really, but a dealer and chandlery. But that's the only place I can think of where one might even ask.

_[/QUOTE]

Best of luck getting them completed in time! Have fun :)
Oh, my... At the moment, I'm trying to get two Lightnings in shape for the Europeans and Youth Worlds next week, and I'm getting desperate with technical problems that are absolutely trivial compared to yours!

_

Best of luck getting them completed in time! Have fun :)
Oh, thanks! Today we got together all the parts for the double trailer... I think. On Saturday we'll hitch it to the back of the campervan and then it's off to Athens, 3465 km away :D

(And by the way, the first time ever that I visited Greece was for an IYRU Youth Worlds a long time ago, when the Laser 2 was used for the doublehanded classes.)

_

Back