Laser 2 Parts-Help!

I have recently acquired my second Laser 2 Sailboat, this being a 1985 vintage (original version). It came with torn hiking straps, as well as missing the centerboard trunk seal that is the soft fabric type. I am in desperate need to find hiking straps so I can take it out on the water, but am unsure which will fit. I assume that potentially the rear hiking straps in the cockpit could be replaced with standard laser straps, but the 2 smaller straps that go towards the front I am unsure of. Maybe opti strap size? I would greatly appreciate if anyone has any advice on where I could locate some straps, new or used but in good condition, or if there are any recommendations for straps that would fit but are not laser 2 straps. Please feel free to reach out with website links, your own stock, or even a destroyed laser 2 hull that I could potentially purchase the parts off of. Thank you!

I was going to make my own. But measure them then post here.. lots of places list the lengths. The originals just looked like seatbelts.

I do use the forward straps but to each his own..McMaster Carr sells straps stainless grommets and the setting tools..its on my list.. super easy thing to make.

I might be interested in looking into this for future reference, where would I find the McMaster Carr?

Back