Laser 2 Graffiti

PAUL1953

I have a Laser 2 Graffiti which has an integrated spinnaker storage/launch tube. I understand this is a special edition boat and wondered what kind of sale price these go for?

I don't think your boat is necessarily a "special" edition (the spinnaker launcher was standard on PSE-built boats from the late 1980s on). What year is it, what's the sail number? Could you post some pictures, especially of the "Graffiti" part?

The Laser 2 isn't an international racing class anymore, so that should be reflected in the price, as the fact that even the newest and best-kept boats are fairly old by now. That is, should be pretty inexpensive compared to other doublehanders of similar size.

_

I don't think your boat is necessarily a "special" edition (the spinnaker launcher was standard on PSE-built boats from the late 1980s on). What year is it, what's the sail number? Could you post some pictures, especially of the "Graffiti" part?

The Laser 2 isn't an international racing class anymore, so that should be reflected in the price, as the fact that even the newest and best-kept boats are fairly old by now. That is, should be pretty inexpensive compared to other doublehanders of similar size.

_
Thanks for your response. Attached pics may help... I was told it was made for atlanta games
IMG_2041.JPG

Attachments

• yacht.jpg
    yacht.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2086.JPG
    IMG_2086.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
The Laser 2 was never an Olympic class, so your boat has absolutely nothing to do with the Atlanta (or any other) games. Don't believe everything you're told :rolleyes:

The "Graffiti" graphics were a thing around 1991/92, so that makes the boat about 30 years old. The sail number is from some other L2 that's about ten years older. There should be a plaque on the back wall of the cockpit that states the real number (picture please!).

I'd consider the "graffitiness" a minor curiosity, which doesn't have much monetary value.

_

Great info, thank you. I will take the pic you mention when I next get to the boat in a few weeks and then post it. End of day would like an idea of value.

For us to estimate the value of this Laser II, please take a lot of pictures. Include, as appropriate, closeups. And don't forget the appendages, spars and sails.
We will look for scratches, repairs, lines, etc. Very important is whether the boat leaks.

1. Due to the pandemic, many older boats have increased in value, so that might be beneficial for you.
2. Depending on where you live, there may be a seasonal aspect to the value of your boat as well (early spring vs. late fall/winter).
3. Location may play a role.

Thank you for your very helpful response. I will take more detailed pictures when at the boat next and post them. Out of interest there were a few pics I posted earlier in this thread which can be enlarged to see a lot more overall detail.... just in case you missed them.

Back