Laser® Sailing Calendar

I have wanted to make a laser calendar for some time. I just found the LULU.com site where you can upload images and for a very reasonable price they print a calendar. I do not have 12 great Laser images. If any one has a great image(s) they are OK with other people using here is the site;

http://www.lulu.com/publish/calendars/?cid=publish_portal

It can be done where people can buy the calendar for as little as $12.50 if there is no cost for the images. The class could put together a calendar that would pay the class some profit too.

Anyone interested? Ideas?

BTW I would put a link on intensitysails.com to the calendar but no profits would be going to me.

I was going to say $12.50 is a little steep until I looked at the one on my wall and it was $15. Wtf?

I'd price it at like $10 even.

Even then, I can't believe any calender is over $5.

... Wtf? ... Even then, I can't believe any calender is over $5.

???
What do you want to express with your last sentence?

12,5 US$ for a calendar is really cheap. Really good calendars with sailing motives here I not get under 30 Euro (1 Euro is about 1,5 US$).

Even, if I buy a "prototype calendar" for to add own printed out photos does cost in minimum 12 to 20 Euro, plus the costs for printing out the own photos, plus glue etc.

Is the shortcut "Wtf" really the diplomatic/fair way to answer to someone of TLF, that also is a TLF-sponsor (and he pays to TLF for that you are able to write "wtf" here in this forum without paying entry fees) and additionally this member never has done something to anyone here.

Jim, thanks for your interesting hint. Last year, begining of 2009, the youth Laserites of my the state in the district I'm living in, did it in the same way like you did advise, but not for such cheap 12,50 (Euro) ...
For 2010 it is a bit late, but I'm looking forward for probably a high gloss "Intensity Sails"-2011-Laser-Calendar with awesome great photos of Mattias Cappizzano ... :)

Have fun

LooserLu

Is the shortcut "Wtf" really the diplomatic/fair way to answer to someone of TLF, that also is a TLF-sponsor (and he pays to TLF for that you are able to write "wtf" here in this forum without paying entry fees) and additionally this member never has done something to anyone here.

Mattias Cappizzano ... :)

To be fair, Lu, the "wtf" was not directed at him at all. It was simply an expression of the surprise that the Sailing World calender I received for Christmas cost $15 (USD).

I guess my eyes have been opened to the world of calender pricing.

On a side note, Mattias is both a really nice guy and an incredible photographer. When he was riding with us at World's he showed us some incredible pictures he had on his iPhone.

If people are interested then we need 12 great laser images. Any ideas?

The way this works is that anyone can submit 12 images and then the printer then sells the calendar. They handle the whole thing. So if anyone has some great images they will donate for use in the calendar please post them here and if need be the forum can vote on the 12.

I'd like one but do you think a calendar would survive shipping to the UK ?

As an aside fotoboat.com do class calendars if they get enough orders, plus they have their own photographers so getting the pictures would be no problem, of course most of the sails would have GBR on :)

Here ya go. Just downlaod it and print it out on your own printer. No way it costs a buck a sheet to make your own..It's already too late for January.. Two down 10 to go.
waldosailing.jpg

february_2010_holiday_calendar_thumb.jpg

Nice ones there Gouvernail. Are you giving permission for use of those?

It occurs to me that the class out to produce this and include the dates of all the major regattas in the calendar. A source of revenue for the class too.

Most of the photos are not mine and I can't give authorization for photos I didn't shoot. I simply made links to old photos already run on the NA Laser website or photos from my own site..

As eash one is readily available on the internet, you most certainly can print them out for your own use.

Commercial use always takes personal authorization by the original photographers.

The April photo-is that guy in the Santa Cruz Harbor entrance? I had a moment like that once there in an FJ back in college...

San Diego. MIdwinters in 2002... Jacob Wheat , Patrick Reynolds and I got kicked off the ocean by the lifeguards on jet skis...And they were right. The waves on the ocean were huge.

We want in and as it got calmer and calmer and calmer toward the harbor we decided to at least play in between the jettis for a while...We thought, "We now not to go too far and we already sailed out all the way. What could happen?""

Shortly after I took this photo of Jake I had to try goping out just a little further and the result was, I got washed off the boat by about two feet of foam on top of a breaking wave.

I guess it was tide going out and as the channel got shallower the waves got more impossible to navigate. But lake sailors like us didn't know about waves and tides and stuff like that.

When I got back to the surface, my boat was one wavelength downwind from me going end over end in the surf.
I tried to swim to the less wavy side and got rolled over by two more waves before foolish rescuer I"m coming Fred!!!" Jake got back and I climbed on his boat with him. We got washed off once more but managed to hold onto the mainsheet ( me) and the handrails and gunwale ( him).

we then sailed to my boat where a lifegueard guy was already holding it and scowling at us.

I claimed I was trying to herd the kids to shore and did a bit too good of a job of being on tehe bad side. He called BS as he had watched my dumbass move.

So, we plucked the rig from the water ( it was hanging on by the cunningham line....pre mast retention line days.) and simply put the boat back together.

The rudder and tiller were holding on because the flexijoint was wedged at one corner net to the traveler eye.

The boat was fine I sailed the regatta. In fact we sailed the first day in the harbor and flat water next to a shore and I rounded the weather mark first in each of the first two races...before the fast guys blasted by on the reaches...(no shifts to play there)

I'm still alive despite being a dumbass.

The next year Peter Hurley was awarded the USSailing sportsmanship award for making the same rescue Jake made. Somebody on a radial got in the same mess as I did and Peter was sailing in on his Laser.

The camera died . It wasn't as waterproof as it's box claimed it to be. That was the last photo it took.

lol.... I like december the best. Did the Raindeer get taken out by a force 5 or something? lol

District 25 Secretary Mark Ehrenborg used one of my 2000 Cancun Worlds Shots and some Photoshop to make that great comic.

San Diego. MIdwinters in 2002...
...Shortly after I took this photo of Jake I had to try goping out just a little further and the result was, I got washed off the boat by about two feet of foam on top of a breaking wave...

I call the death grip on the gunwales to keep from washing off while a wave pushes you sideways 100 feet the 'Cabarete Hangon'. :eek:

I'm still alive despite being a dumbass.

God looks after drunks and dumbasses.:p

Back