Lake Travis sailing (warning: many many embedded pics)

Kaiser

I risked my small camera to get some shots out on the lake today... nothing big - just fooling around... plus it's really hard to sail a Laser with a camera in one hand!

Check out the movies:
MOVIE 1
MOVIE 2
MOVIE 3
MOVIE 4
MOVIE 5

pics:
DSC03280.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

DSC03285.jpg

DSC03286.jpg

DSC03287.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

DSC03291.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

DSC03295.jpg

DSC03296.jpg

DSC03297.jpg

DSC03300.jpg

DSC03301.jpg

DSC03302.jpg

DSC03303.jpg

DSC03305.jpg

DSC03306.jpg

DSC03307.jpg

DSC03308.jpg

DSC03309.jpg

DSC03310.jpg

DSC03311.jpg

What is that wooden thing at the base of your mast?

... and is that a floating bar? I have been to floating bars on saltwater but never fresh water due to the fact that States usually own the lake and alcohol is prohibited.

Weird, huh? The people I bought the boat from had put little pieces of teak around the mast and on either side of the centerboard.
I don't know if they put them there for strength/protection of just to be decorative, but I just left 'em there.

There seems to be a thing on this lake with people putting motors on pieces of dock so they can drive them to the party cove. This is the biggest and most extreme one I've seen. I don't know if it's something you pay for for them to take you out to the party and give you drinks, or if it's a private thing. It makes me wonder how you go about registering a double decker dock as a boat though :eek:

your boat is about the same vintage as mine given the *brightwork*. I like my boat and the wooden foils! The hull is in great shape given it's age and is holding up well despite my growing fondness for winds exceeding 20kts. I am looking into getting a newer boat but will keep the old one.

I don't think that the double decker party boat is a good use of the US's carbon credits ... :D

holy heck dude...Those rocks sure look like home..

But I gotta tell ya....Yer feet go like this...

hiking_out_screensaver.jpg

I'm sure there are many things wrong with the way I sail :D

I'll give it a shot next time I'm out.

However, at 6'1" and probably 240lb I do bring a fair amount of leverage to the table :eek:

Back