• Lake Sailing

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • River Sailing

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i actually sail in an estuarie which has water that is half salt and half fresh and is in beetween a barrier island and the mainland with inlets on the island every now and then.

you havent given the option of river sailing, which really sucks, alot of sailors prefer that also

I added a a couple of options to the poll and will have to select river sailing myself.

Cheers,

I had to choose river sailing. I usually sail on the river, and even though it sucks it can really pay off. In competitions (on the ocean) where there is very little wind and/or it is really shifty and fluky all of us river sailors completely wipe the board with the other competitors.

I tend to sail on the ocean as well though for some heavier wind practice.

I personally don't care where i'm sailing as long as I'm sailing. All of the venues provide different things to take advantage of. Ocean sailing usually involves handling relatively steady seabreezes and swell, and possibly an uneven, changing current. Lakes usually have shifty breezes, no current, and chop (if it's a big lake). Rivers have shifty winds like lakes but have a uniform current and possibly chop.

Back