Know anything about Tornado sailing?

Laser Racer

Hi guys

I've been sailing a Laser for the past 6 or 7 years, and I love the racing... but it's just too...slow. So a friend and I are looking at diving into Tornado sailing. I have sailed a Tornado probably six times before, and I loved every second of it... although didn't really know what I was doing.

So I was hoping that somone here may have a bit of a background in the area, or maybe might know more thna I do. I am basically looking for any information that I can get. My price range for about is about $6,000 CDN for a boat.
What should I look for when buying a boat? Is there anything that is really unique tot he Tornado? What should I know before/after I buy the boat?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Duncan Enman

P.S. But don't worry, I don't plan on giving up on Laser racing any time soon :wink:

I also race a Laser and a Catamaran, for similar reasons, I think its the perfect blend of sailing and the skills you develop are beneficial to both classes. Good luck with the Tornado, there not the right class for Australia, but still a buzz to sail. Below is the address to my class website, might have to copy and paste.
Regards
Darryn

http://www.mossie.net/[/url]

the fleet is finished but sadly they have all delaminted so they will be used as commitie boats when AYC holds the north american buzz champs in july 03.

Back