Kitty Hawk trailer dealers in NY ???

maxx

I want to buy a Kitty Hawk trailer for my Laser. I've called a few places from the Internet, they all charge over $200 for shipping! That's crazy! it's a third the price of the trailer. Does anybody know of a Kitty Hawk dealer on Long Island NY?

Try contacting your area Laser dealers. They quite often sell Kitty Hawks too.

Truth be told, the dealer still has to pay to get it shipped to his store. He's only going to pass that cost on to you.

Truth be told, the dealer still has to pay to get it shipped to his store. He's only going to pass that cost on to you.

Yes, but the dealer might negotiate for lower shipping or get a bulk deal. It's worth checking into.

The Dinghy Shop in Amityville (631)-264-0005 sells loadrites and I think they are a Kitty Hawk dealer as well. Give them a call, they always have everything i need and they can always get something too.

I want to buy a Kitty Hawk trailer for my Laser. I've called a few places from the Internet, they all charge over $200 for shipping! That's crazy! it's a third the price of the trailer. Does anybody know of a Kitty Hawk dealer on Long Island NY?

I have a very nice Kitty Hawk stainless Laser trailer that I am considering selling. I have both a Sunfish & Laser, and am considering switching to a Right On trailer to be able to haul either boat, although I wish they had an aluminum or at least a galvanized model. I am in PA, and can send pics if you are interested.

ewagman, I'm interested in your proposal. I've sent you a private message with my email address. Thanks

This is easier said than done. I've tried calling some dealers, can't find anyone who stocks these trailers. Does anybody know for sure of a dealer on Long Island?
I can't find any. Thanks

I have a very nice Kitty Hawk stainless Laser trailer that I am considering selling. I have both a Sunfish & Laser, and am considering switching to a Right On trailer to be able to haul either boat, although I wish they had an aluminum or at least a galvanized model. I am in PA, and can send pics if you are interested.

I spoke with John at Kitty Hawk last week. He told me the Sunfish adapter was in the works and would be available before my next sailing season. Based on this statement, I will be keeping my Laser model Kitty Hawk to haul either of my boats. I really don't want a heavier trailer, I can actually pick up the Kitty Hawk and carry it vertically on my shoulder to squeeze through the tight space where I store it, then I don't have to move the thousand pound power boat and trailer that is kept in front of it. The Kitty Hawk a nice trailer, good luck with your search.

Maxx

Looks to be a KittyHawk for sale near you in the Laser Forum classifieds check it out $475.

I have one and it is a great trailer!

cheers

Puggie

Maxx

Looks to be a KittyHawk for sale near you in the Laser Forum classifieds check it out $475.

I have one and it is a great trailer!

cheers

Puggie

I scanned all 3 pages of the classifieds, I could not find the ad which you refer to.
Could you be more specific. Thanks

I scanned all 3 pages of the classifieds, I could not find the ad which you refer to.
Could you be more specific. Thanks

Here you go - it was posted on Sept 27th - Nautical America is the previous manufacturer of the Kitty hawk.

Laser Trailer for sale - this trailer is specifically made for Lasers and is light enough to potenially use around the yard like a dolly as well. This trailer is in perfect, like new condition, has always been stored inside, the tires have nearly new treads, the lights work fine, and the bearings also work fine. I just used this trailer for an hour trip last month with no issues at all. The trailer is made by Nautical America which I believe may have been a precursor to Kitty Hawk trailers - it is exactly the same - you can check out the Kitty Hawk website to see all its attributes. I have a title which is easily assigned to the new buyer. The trailer also has an extra brand new spare tire. $475.

I also have two essentially new class blades for sale which I have long been saving for a teen who has changed racing interests. I will sell the board for $325 including shipping and the rudder for $200 including shipping.

If interested, please email me at [email protected] and I will send you pictures. Please also send your contact details.
user_offline.gif
HikeHard View Public Profile Send a private message to HikeHard Send email to HikeHard Find More Posts by HikeHard Add HikeHard to Your Contacts

Ewagman,

Thanks for your support of Right-On Trailer! As thanks, contact me directly through the www.rightontrailer.com website email address and I will give you FREE SHIPPING on a Right-On Trailer through 2010.

There is no reason to submerge the Right-On Trailer for launching. So a powdercoated carbon steel trailer should last and last.

Thanks,
Michael Carlson
Right-On Trailer

Back