News King of the Masters Series (ILCA-NA)

TLF

News Robot
You can be King of the Masters for 2008! The winter Masters circuit will have four different regattas to determine who is the King or Queen.

More...

So why does the "King of the Masters" need to attend a laser clinic? Seems they should be giving the clinic - or is that what they mean by "participate in"?

wish I could be there - had a great time at the midweek madness last year, but I am using my pennies to go to Rick White's clinic in April this year.
--anyone else planning on going?

Mike, you going to D13 in FWB next weekend? I'm roadtripping up there with Old Fart and another friend. Hope it's not too cold!

Duhh, just read your post in the laser sailing page. It'll be fun to meet you and other Panhandle sailors. I forget sometimes we're all in the same state!

I'll be easy to spot; I'll be the one chick in the fullrig fleet unless it's blowing like stink. I'll be hanging out with a really old guy.

The Official United King of the Masters trophy will be awarded to the first place master ( using the NA age group handicap system) at the Easter Laser Regatta.

see below from Scuttlebutt:
From Ari Barshi, Event Coordinator, 6th Caribbean Laser Midwinter Regatta,
Cabarete, Dominican Republic: (regarding Chris Ericksenletter in Issue 2486
re, King of the Masters) The King of the Masters series is open to all
sailors of age, being from the West Coast of the USA, Avignon and even Rome.
There is also no problem in having two Kings, but this clearly calls for a
duel. If the West Coast crowns a King of the Masters (I wonder if I should
have registered the name), than the two Kings should meet for a Match Race to
crown Caesar; King of All Kings of Masters. We will call the East Coast King
the defender as he was crowned first, and the West Coast king the Challenger.
I can see in the future more Kings wanting to join our event, and they will
have to match race among themselves first, as only one Challenger can face
the Defender. I just need to write some rules down, a kind of a deed.
Something simple, fun, and "having" to be sound 155 years from now.

Duhh, just read your post in the laser sailing page. It'll be fun to meet you and other Panhandle sailors. I forget sometimes we're all in the same state!

I'll be easy to spot; I'll be the one chick in the fullrig fleet unless it's blowing like stink. I'll be hanging out with a really old guy.

I'll look for you Sunday - can't be there Saturday cause my son has an audition at FSU that day.

I just hope we have some wind - last 3 days I wanted to go sailing the wind's gone to zero!

See you Sunday!

Back