Kevane Sails

David1st

I just visited this site on Kevane sails and there propoganda stated that there sails had no problem beating the factory sails!!! Do they mean North sails? Is this in fact true? Some one tell me,this is not true!!!!

I suppose they could be faster, but that is why we have class rules - you can only used approved equipment. Otherwise we'd have people showing up with longer spars, bigger rigs, longer daggerboards, etc.

If someone showed up at my club with one of these sails, the fleet would not let them race.

BB

Most likely they are referencing "recreational factory sails" in their comparison. Any one who's raced using a "rec" sail will tell you about looking at a LOT of sterns of race/pro sail equiped boats.
JMHO but you get what you pay for in sails. I'd say if their were indeed as fast as a race sail the usable life of the sail would be considerably less.

I would like to know who was sailing the boats if they did race. I know that there are many out there that would sail circles around me with a old beat and blown sail no matter what I had on my spars.

I would like to say I agree with you Mike about what you said , "that you get what you pay for"!!! I have an old boat and old and patched sail and its still good enough to get me second place in my local club!!! The point being could the newer sails do that well given the years on them. I think not!!!! But my friend with a race sail, traded boats one day and he still beat me!!! experience always wins!!!!

Back