keel model anyone?

humble monkey

does anyone have a keel model with pictures they could share? is there anyone interested in purchasing a keel model? thanks for your time-dave

You probably won't get much of a response. Before I bought my boat I was looking for keel owners and information as well. Not too many out there. I had such a hard time finding one that I ended up getting a centerboard model instead. It wasn't a bad decision. Based on peoples comments I thought the centerboard version was extremely unstable. It isn't nearly as bad as some folks make it out to be.

We rented the keel version several times from the Catamaran Inn at Mission Bay, San Diego, CA.

Compared to the CB version, I think it is more stable, as expected. It comes from Catalina with a jib roller furler (nice!) and it has a little less sail area for both main and jib. The keel version seems to me to be more forgiving and less touchy to adjustments. It also didn't sail as close to the wind.

After having sailed my CB version all summer, I must say that I prefer the CB version; ask my wife and you'll get votes for the keel -- I'll never understand why she doesn't like our "tippy" little guy! :)

-- Ed

i have toyed with the idea of selling but more interested in seeing other keel models and where they are around the u.s. thanks for your reply-dave

Back