Jib car Fairlead

Shaun Sanders

I'm sure we all have jibsheet fairleads that have worn through to the screw. Does anyone know where to get replacements? Catalinadirect doesn't list them.
Thanks

BTW, here is a pic of my freshly restored 2005 14.2. News sails from Gary Swenson at Ullman in Venture - great guy. He cut the jib a little higher for me.
New shrouds - home made. Now she just needs a few tw
IMG_1314.jpg
eaks. She was flying on Sunday evening in 20 mph winds.

Great looking boat there. I am currently in the stages of refitting my 1990 model 2. Got a laundry list of things to do, but was curious what some of the restoration items you did?

Thanks for the compliment.
The hull is a 2005. It's a ex-rental, with all the dings you'd imagine.
New shrouds; I bought the wire, bought an inexpensive crimper, and voila. I put turnbuckles on the side-shrouds. I had to strip a very heavy build up of crud off the hull. I reinstalled the mast step and modified it to imitate the slotted "quick-remove" mast step offered by catalinadirect. I reinstalled the jib tracks and resealed the hatch - rain water used to fill up the bow. New sails from Ullman in Ventura - $1100 approx. Installed hiking straps; it had never been fitted with any. Installed a barney post; again, it had never had one, nor the main fiddle block and cleat.
I'm still playing around with the rigging to fine tune her. I guess the biggest deal was modifying a trailer to accommodate the fixed keel.
Also, the keel was a bit of as mess, but nothing too bad. Here's a post from a few months back:
Restoring a 14.2 fixed keel | SailingForums.com

Back