Jetwind/ new sailor advice, please

Maxxxx

I love going out and kayaking and wanted to get a small kayak sail to help on a day out on the water. Well after some looking around at some different options I went to CL.. long story short I now have a Jetwind sailboat I picked up for $100. This was in the fall and I've been looking up videos trying to figure out what I'm doing since but can't find very much on how to set this boat up. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these or any advise in general for someone just getting into sailing.

It's likely similar enough to a Sunfish that this "Learn to Sail in 3 Days" pamphlet might be helpful:

And here's a good video on how to rig a Sunfish (again... not a Jetwind, but likely similar):

PANO_20200412_164532.vr.jpg

Lots of trial and error, leaning strongly on the error side but I figured it out. This was at the end of the day on Easter when the wind had pretty much died down. Me and my brother went out and had a blast after a bit of sailor talk back and forth almost dumping out a number of times. We had some good laughs and can't wait for another nice day!

Reactions: tag

Back