What's new

J24 Quantum Genoa TG-1 For Sale

State
MASSACHUSETTS
Available for sale is a lightly-used TG-1 Genoa with maybe 10 days on it.

A modification of our very successful tri-radial design, Technora provides the best of both worlds – a deeper sail for light winds and a relatively flatter sail when it gets windy. Technora is also the better choice for durability, handling flex (tacking and hitting the rig) well.

Price on Quantum's website = $2,535

Will sell for $1,250

Price includes sail bag.

This sail can be picked-up in Marion MA. It is part of a complete Quantum J24 sail inventory I'm selling. See my other posts for details on the TM-1 main, TriRadial SF 100 Jib and the Full Radial Spinnaker.

I have this 150 but I also have a once-used 100 for sale on another post. Check that one out also. It's also selling for 1/2 off the Quantum website price.

DaveG_j24

OK, thanks. We have an old Mylar 150 that we use for local club racing and am starting to look at a replacement. Maybe I missed it, however, do you have any decent pictures of the 150? Unfortunately, I'm not local as we sail in No MI.

I don't have any pictures right now to share. The sail is in MA and I'm in CO. But i may be able to get someone to take some pictures. As I mentioned, it's been used maybe 10 times, so it's nearly-new. The brass fittings aren't quite as shiny as a new sail, but that's the only difference between this sail and a brand new one (except the tremendous discount I'm offering). If you buy the sail and it's not as I described, I will refund 100% of your purchase price.

DaveG_j24

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm interested in further discussion on this ... when are you back in MA? I might speak with Quantum a bit about the TG-1 as they have a local office in Traverse City, MI and seem to have a great product.

I can have a friend box-up the sail and ship it out for me, if you need or want the sail before July 15th. I will have "hands-on" the sail on/about July 15th.

Here is the link to the Quantum webite: J/24
The photos of that particular sail are limited / weak. Quantum could use some help with their website.................

DaveG_j24

Charlie, guess I'm going to have to back off pursuing the Quantum TG-1 at this point. My partner on the boat wants to wait until our racing season is over before looking at a sail change (I know, timing is everything). Thanks for your responsiveness and perhaps we'll get back together on this one if you haven't sold it before then.

Hi Tom - I am on a flight today with the Genoa heading back to CO. The sail is with me. I will take pics this week and send them to you asap. Please know that I have had numerous inquiries about this sail over the past few weeks. Please no low-ball offers, if you are interested. I believe $1,250 is more than a fair price for this sail. It's nearly new and is 1/2 price off the price on Quantum's website.

Here are a bunch of pictures of the sail. As you can see, it's perfect.

Attachments

OK, thanks. We have an old Mylar 150 that we use for local club racing and am starting to look at a replacement. Maybe I missed it, however, do you have any decent pictures of the 150? Unfortunately, I'm not local as we sail in No MI.
Hi Dave - I just posted a bunch of pictures of my 150 for sale. Let me know if you're interested. It's a perfect sail at one heck of a price!

Stephen Bergman

Hey Charlie, If you haven't sold the Genoa.... My nickname is Elvis, I own j24 "Event Horizon" on Lake Dillon. I live near the lake and have $1250 ready to go if it's still for sale. Text is great: 970-389-3261

Hey Elvis - the TG-1 was shipped to Michigan to a gentleman who wants to buy it. He paid me a 50% deposit already and if he finds the condition as I described, he will be keeping the sail and paying the remainder. If for some reason he doesn't want the sail - he will ship it back to me and it will be all yours! I should know by mid-week this week, if you can hang tight.