J24 #1925 For Sale with 4hp Outboard and Triad Trailer; asking $5,000 (Toledo)

1k24

Thread starter #1
State
OHIO
Photos here: J24 - Google Drive

I bought this boat in 2018 with the intention of completing the left over work and racing it. However, I got sidetracked with work and other projects and it sat in indoor storage since I purchased it.

Prior to me coming into possession, the boat had been in indoor storage for 5 years. Using the hull number, I reached out to a prior owner who sold it in 2009. Until that time, the boat was raced competitively and dry sailed.

The boat came with a lot of equipment that all seems to be in good working order. The outboard runs, but seemed to have trouble shifting into reverse. The trailer is in very nice shape. Although the boat seems to be in the process of a deck re-fit, the hardware seems to be all there. The jib tracks still need to be installed, but will come with the boat.

Sails include a class jib and class main that seem to have been new for midwinters in 2007. I noticed a small tear in the main, but it looks repairable. The sails are crispy and don't show signs of much use. I will also include a used spinnaker (numbers don't match) that I purchased to go with the boat, it's in good shape.

An anchor and a manual bilge pump are included with the sail, but not pictured.

The boat needs hatch boards and an electrical panel.

This boat is solid. The hull is extremely dry and in good condition. The bottom is very smooth. The deck is strong. All the stanchions feel solid. With minimal work, this will be a great race boat.

I don't have to sell this. I have free storage and would be happy to get this boat sailing again. With that said, reasonable offers would be considered. If you would like to come look at the boat or want more information, please text 419-206-9434. I will also respond to this post and other messages here.

Last edited: