J/24 1978 hull No 306

Thread starter #1
1978 j/24 sailboat for sale. The boat is seaworthy and ready to sail. Needs some TLC to get it cleaned up. Hull number 306.

Make an offer. 1978 j boats j24 sailboat for sale 2.JPG 1978 j boats j24 sailboat for sale 2.JPG

Hull - good condition, never painted (original gelcoat). Keel needs some fairing for racing, ok for daysailing.
Motor - good condition, 4 hp Evinrude, 2 cylinder liquid cooled may need to have the carb cleaned.
Mast, boom, spinnaker pole - all ok.
Sails - average condition, 3 sets (main, jib/genoa, and spinnaker), perfect for daysailing.
Trailer - average condition. Tires are only 2 years old (less than 5 miles of wear). Needs new coupler and brakes need to be redone. Trailer is Melges aluminum (very desirable).

It has been dry sailed since 1988 when I bought it. Lifted by crane into the water each time it was sailed.

1978 j/24 sailboat for sale. The boat is seaworthy and ready to sail. Needs some TLC to get it cleaned up. Hull number 306.

Make an offer. View attachment 11547 View attachment 11547

Hull - good condition, never painted (original gelcoat). Keel needs some fairing for racing, ok for daysailing.
Motor - good condition, 4 hp Evinrude, 2 cylinder liquid cooled may need to have the carb cleaned.
Sails - average condition, 3 sets (main, jib/genoa, and spinnaker), perfect for daysailing.
Trailer - average condition. Tires are only 2 years old (less than 5 miles of wear). Needs new coupler and brakes need to be redone. Trailer is Melges aluminum (very desirable).

It has been dry sailed since 1988 when I bought it. Lifted by crane into the water each time it was sailed.
Where is the boat located?

Thread starter #3
I should have mentioned that! The boat is located in the northern suburbs of Chicago. It was dry sailed out of the Lake Forest beach since I bought the boat.

Make an offer. View attachment 11547 View attachment 11547

Greetings! Is your J24 still available? Would you take $3060.00? Contact me at 816-914-5872 or email at jibeho@rocketmail.com. thanks. Jim Filberth