Its been ages since I posted on here.

regularman

I am so glad this place is still around. Man where has the time gone. I just today washed my boat and got ready to go sailing at a nearby small lake tomorrow. I was down and out for a while with knee problems and have not put her in the water since spring of 2007. I made so many modifications and things back then to make it just right. My new years resolution was to go sailing a lot this summer but here it is Sept and I have not gone once. Problem here in the NC mountains is its a drive to a big lake and a few years ago my inlaws had a place on a big lake in VA that we could use for a week at a time. Anyways, hello everyone and especially to anyone who remembers me. :p Mods I made. opened the cuddy on my model that had the little sleave. Made aluminum motor mount, made aluminum ladder, made my own fulring jib, added foam for floatation to the mains'l, as well as reefing. Some other things to that I can't remember. Anyways, hope this gets me back into sailing again. This toy has been too long neglected with playing with my motorcycles and restoring and driving my MG midget.

Kim, it is good to hear from you and to know you are still around and still have your boat! There are a few of us "old timers" hanging around.

Paul

holdup -

regularman - you sail a Capri, fool around with motorbikes, AND drive an MG?

We must be brothers! Sounds like you've just wandered through my garage!

Good to hear from you -

cptmoney

Kim, it is good to hear from you and to know you are still around and still have your boat! There are a few of us "old timers" hanging around.

Paul
Ah, Paul I remember you. Hope all is well. Sailed the boat today for the first time since spring of 2007. All went well except I got the heck sunburnt out of my legs with shorts on. I thought I might have lost my touch but it all came back to me very quick. I want to go sail on a larger lake now. The lake I was on is very small and is used to cool the local power plant. Still, I manged to hit 5 knots according to the GPS at one point. Took my nephew with me and he enjoyed it as well. Fall is the best time of year to sail.

holdup -

regularman - you sail a Capri, fool around with motorbikes, AND drive an MG?

We must be brothers! Sounds like you've just wandered through my garage!

Good to hear from you -

cptmoney
My boat has been named Spridget ever since I got her and I still have not completed my dream of towing her with the Midget yet ;)
My midget after a muli year restoration.
euroautofest2008005.jpg

That's one rockin' little midget -

I'm not looking to tow my Capri with the MG - but it's not a bad idea...

Here's mine, a '70 BGT:

Crazy fun little cars. Love driving it, don't mind working on it. Rare combination for me. Same can be said for my old motorbike. Labor of love, I guess.

Attachments

• DSCN1162.jpg
    DSCN1162.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 41
That's one rockin' little midget -

I'm not looking to tow my Capri with the MG - but it's not a bad idea...

Here's mine, a '70 BGT:

Crazy fun little cars. Love driving it, don't mind working on it. Rare combination for me. Same can be said for my old motorbike. Labor of love, I guess.
Ah, one of my friends that I drive through the hills with has one of those. He is Hap Waldrop and makes racing spridget engines at ACME speed shop in Greenville,SC. Here is a pick of three of us driving into the smokies on the parkway nearby.
midphot.jpg

who's in my garage

Capri; motorbikes; MG

Is someone living in my garage?

Is there a brotherhood out there that I don't know about?

Gerry

Since this is a capri site I guess I should post a picture of the boat. Here she is, its about the only one I have of her. I had a bunch more but yahoo cancelled that account because I did not use it often enough and deleted the pics. Anyways, here she is at rest at a dock at Smith mountain lake in VA.
regularman

Since this is a capri site I guess I should post a picture of the boat. Here she is, its about the only one I have of her. I had a bunch more but yahoo cancelled that account because I did not use it often enough and deleted the pics. Anyways, here she is at rest at a dock at Smith mountain lake in VA.
stern.jpg

Back