It's alive!!!!

Trueke

After a year and a few buck$$. My Sunfish is ready!!!!
Here are some pics of the before...

Attachments

• The Boat and the Trainee.doc
    510 KB · Views: 53
  • IMGA0162.jpg
    IMGA0162.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMGA0169.jpg
    IMGA0169.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMGA0171.jpg
    IMGA0171.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMGA0172.jpg
    IMGA0172.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 62
Here is the now...TODAY!!!
No leaks, no major problems, just a poor wind and a lame sailor, but time will take care of that. I will be the first one to admit that my GT black scheme does not looks as mean as it did on my head. Yet I am kind of proud.:) Thanks for all of you who helped me and advised me in this posses.
Comments please???

Attachments

• img_0997.jpg
    img_0997.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 83
  • img_0998.jpg
    img_0998.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 78
  • img_1002.jpg
    img_1002.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 84
  • img_1003.jpg
    img_1003.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 75
  • img_1009.jpg
    img_1009.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 80
Man, looks great! Huge improvement. Happy sailing & congrats on reaching the magical "time to go sailing"!

Here is the now...TODAY!!!
No leaks, no major problems, just a poor wind and a lame sailor, but time will take care of that. I will be the first one to admit that my GT black scheme does not looks as mean as it did on my head. Yet I am kind of proud.:) Thanks for all of you who helped me and advised me in this posses.
Comments please???

Awesome looking boat. I love the middle stripe. It really looks sharp. Congrats on a job well done.

Great looking boat you got there! I really like it, but think that there may need to be a new sail in your future to match the boat a little more.

Some thing like that really gives me some ideas about what I want to do on one of my boats.

Thanks 977 and N.Sailor!

Great looking boat you got there! I really like it, but think that there may need to be a new sail in your future to match the boat a little more.

This is exactly what went trough my head the second I took the sail out. Believe it or not, when I got the boat I checked the sail at first put it away (because I knew it was like new) and though I had the "sunrise" sail. But I now thinking pirate scheme :D

Attachments

• t-sunrise.gif
    t-sunrise.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 92
  • jollyroger_photo.jpg
    jollyroger_photo.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 58
It looks great, I have been planning the same paint on two of them that I have, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Did you paint the original rails, or buy new ones in black?

Ernie

A Jolly Roger sail would be perfect on that boat, or something along those lines. I am thinking about taking my second sail (needs some repair) and trying to fashion a Jolly Roger over the fish on it, just for kicks. Reminds me I need to find a sail loft that is semi-local to me.

I do like your paint scheme though, thinking about something along those lines but red-white-blue for my first fish.

It looks great, I have been planning the same paint on two of them that I have, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Did you paint the original rails, or buy new ones in black?

Ernie

Thanks Ernie! If by rails you mean the aluminum trim, then no, I did not paint it. It is rubber car-door trim. I went to my local paint center and they sell these in rolls of 40-50? feet in black or silver (I think they might be able to order them in white but could not find anyone who would). They are a bit hard to install because they are not intended for boats but the good thing is they com pre-glued, and that they cost less than half of the originals.

However this was not my idea, it was from another member of the forum (asc026) who did the same in his awesome looking red SF. Thanks again for the tip!

I do like your paint scheme though, thinking about something along those lines but red-white-blue for my first fish.

With you sail those colors would look awesome. I am surprised of how easy it was. A chalked line to mark the center, a ruler for thickness, painters tape to do the outline (and to hold the trash bags that covered the rest of the hull, and paint away. My little dirty secret...Krylon:D. Again, I took this from another forum member.

Back