What's new

ISO Gooseneck Adjuster

Becool44

Price $
State
TEXAS
My gooseneck adjuster, < 2 years old, rusted out and the bolt broke. Some do-it-yourself Bozo used a Stainfull Steel bolt. Now I can’t find one anywhere, the Usual Suspects don’t have any in stock. Anyone know who might have one, preferably built with proper marine metals?

Weston

My gooseneck adjuster, < 2 years old, rusted out and the bolt broke. Some do-it-yourself Bozo used a Stainfull Steel bolt. Now I can’t find one anywhere, the Usual Suspects don’t have any in stock. Anyone know who might have one, preferably built with proper marine metals?
It looks like sunfish direct has Marine quality gooseneck adjusters. I never reach anyone when I call them directly, but I leave a message and they get back to me pretty quickly.

Becool44

You might have better luck looking for a bike seat quick adjust - does the same thing, and is often cheaper.

Something like that - you might double check dimensions will work prior to ordering one, or just check your local bike shop.
WOW! That truly is the exact same thing! I suspect the one that rusted out was a bicycle part. I think I’ll take a magnet to a bike shop, and see if they are ferrous metal. As weight-obsessed as some cyclists are, I’ll bet someone makes a titanium model. Thanks, this sort of tip is what makes this forum great!

Reactions: tag

Becool44

it appears that ALL of the various gooseneck quick-release adjusters currently on the market are, in fact, bicycle seat post adjusters. No difference whatsoever. While the handles are aluminum alloy, the bolt portion is stainfull steel. The adjusters sold as Sunfish parts for $25 are identical to the bike parts that cost $6 on eBay.

Sure enough, fanatical cyclists have made them out of titanium, about $40, shipped free on a slow boat from China.
DF1A2938-C773-47EB-9852-70B3ACB32591.jpeg