ISCA & USSCA website(s) marked as malware sites

Pat75

Hi folks, I tried to follow a link from google to sunfishclass.org and Google gave me the malware warning, the I tried one of my bookmarks to the USSCA and it said, ~"This web site may damage your computer etc."

I don't know how to contact the website...
If anyone has the email address of the webmaster for these sites, it would be good to let them know.

I am having the same issue. I wanted to become a member and now I am at a lose how to get around this issue. Perhaps someone from ISCA reads this forum.

I noticed that yesterday also. It could be a false alarm, but I'm not feeling adventerous enough to find out.

The class is aware of the issue and working to resolve it. In the meantime, if you want to join the class, you should email sunfishoff "at" aol.com. Terry Beadle should be able to help you.

It looks like the site is down. If you ignore the warning, you are directed to the web page of the ISP that hosts the site, GlobAT.com.

Four days after the Worlds are over, and no "official" place to see any news about the World Championship? Nor does the SPYC (results posted) or the Sunfish Forum have any news about them. Thanks to the Unknown Master for the brief updates anyhow.

go to http://www.sunfishworlds.org where you will not only find results for 2012 but all other years as well. Also links to great photos.

Those photos are pretty good, if only we knew who to thank for taking them. :D;)

The last time I checked, there was only one video about 2012 Worlds on youtube, or anywhere. Although it is an interesting video with a wing sail sunfish, I would really like to watch a full race. I hope people put some more videos up after they get home and have time or what-not.

Not too exciting as the race days did not have much wind. Wednesday all races were cancelled. Tuesday saw only one race. Finally on Friday they had three races.

As sailcraftri already wrote, my impression was that this was the most boring affair ever, as far as world level Sunfish racing was concerned.
But Alexander Zimmermann showed that he can really sail the boat in high (Curacao, 2011) and almost no (St Pete 2012) winds. A true champion.

As sailcraftri already wrote, my impression was that this was the most boring affair ever, as far as world level Sunfish racing was concerned.

For spectators, it was boring. For the sailors, it was a mix of boredom waiting for wind, and intensity on the water Starts were tough as shown by all the Z flags and OCSs. Lots of current and big shifts made it intense while sailing. As you can see, there was wild variation in the results. However there is no doubt everyone would have liked more wind!

Hi,

the Class website(s) were attacked by malware a few weeks ago. Because our web infrastructure is cobbled together and extremely sub-standard, the evil doers were able to take advantage of a few weak passwords for admins in a few regions/countries and infecct every corner of the sunfishclass.org universe. Former USSCA president Derek Jackson has already spent tons of time slowly going through and cleaning up hundreds of infected files in an attempt to get us back to normal. That work is ongoing and it will probably take awhile before everything is truly right.

As some of you know, I have been pushing for the class to invest in a single web infrastructure (rather than the dozens of desperate systems we have now that make the whole thing hard to maintain and vulnerable) and a single person/company to build and maintain the sites. This attack is just one of many reasons why this approach is needed! We have nobody we can go to and demand that they get things fixed. Instead we are dependent on the volunteer work of Derek.

In the meantime, please keep connected here and on Facebook.,

looks like for the short term, website traffic will be re-directed to Sunfishworlds.org
http://www.sunfishworlds.org/news_article.asp

Eric Woodman and Rich Chapman are currently in negotiations with a web developer to start a new website for the class. In the meantime a temporary solution is needed in order not to present sunfishclass.org visitors with messages about a page that may harm their computer. For the moment traffic is redirected to this site.

cheers,
tag

The website is back up and running, at least partially. Some sections are still infected and have been disabled. Watch for a new site in the coming months!

infecct every corner of the sunfishclass.org universe. . . spent tons of time slowly going through and cleaning up hundreds of infected files in an attempt to get us back to normal. That work is ongoing and it will probably take awhile before everything is truly right.
I have been pushing for the class to invest in a single web infrastructure (rather than the dozens of desperate systems we have now that make the whole thing hard to maintain and vulnerable) and a single person/company to build and maintain the sites.

Current status: all sites combined into 1 WP; in total there were 35 (!) WP installations. I did not even try to fix them manually. After finding infected non-WP PHP files i decided to do an extreme make-over; The downside is: broken links, but IMHO it is better now.
Rich Chapman: "Eric Woodman and I are currently in negotiations with a web developer to start a new website for the class." (that person is not me, btw).
Gerard
webmaster sunfishworlds.org and sunfishklasse.nl
Sunfish NED458

This is just hopeless! I have wanted to join the class and see what regattas are posted around the country for 2013.
Cannot plan anything for the next year if there's no info to read. Darn it!

This is just hopeless! I have wanted to join the class and see what regattas are posted around the country for 2013.

I'm very sorry to read this.
Joining the class: "Organisation | Join the class"

Regarding the race schedule: it is 2012 and yes i also like to see all the YC's present 2013 calendar's but the bare truth is: they do not.
I will mail the various event organizers.

It is too early anyway to get a full regatta schedule for 2013 anyway. That is published in the Sping each year. The scheduling dynamics vary by region, and for some regions you can make educated guesses on what the schedule will look like and for others it is too soon to tell. For example, unless someone here knows something different, the two New England regionals are scheduled like clockwork, with the first at Barrington and the second at Wequaquet during the same weekends as the past umpteen years.

Other regions aren't so fortunate to have such consistent hosts and in any case like to spread the wealth. That is tougher to do in advance as many potential hosts can't commit to blocking out weekends on their own schedules and commit to providing race committees etc until their club's spring that kicks off the club's season. (that is the way our own club schedules, and also, at many clubs there is a changing up of officers off-season so they are less likely to commit the incoming slate of officers to a calendar)

Then in the spring the scheduling becomes a rubic's cube exercise to avoid serious conflict both in the region and with national events. So as always each year we have to be patient.

That is no reason to avoid or delay joining the class , however. And if you want to get an idea of what's in the hopper for your region you can drop your regional rep a line and see what's up (but do her the courtesy of actually joining up first, of course). One nice thing about the Sunfish class is that participation is encouraged - including in things like scheduling. It's the sort of class that if a member thinks he or she can do a better job at some aspect, they are more than welcome to have a go at it.

Here is this past year's schedule with some contact info on it on page 9. So please, feel welcome to join up and ask the class.folks.

www.sunfishclass.org/archives/2012/2012-regatta-schedule.pdf

Back