• Furl jib and reef main

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • reef main

• your crazy, forget it.

• Total voters

Delta Sailor

So I am a big fan of Dinghys such as the Laser Bahia, Sport 14 and Wayferer (and on occasion Redwings). I love the feel of racing through the waves in Boats bigger than Fevas and Topaz. We have a decent number of sailors in the Handicap. However occasionally I don't have a crew when I am supposed to go out. So my question is: Can you sail it well by yourself? (eg would furling the jib and maybe reefing work). (I do have a plan to singlehand one in a few days in 20knot winds, call me crazy but any useful suggestions would be appreciated)
Thx

(sorry this post was originaly posted in the wrong place)

So I am a big fan of Dinghys such as the Laser Bahia, Sport 14 and Wayferer (and on occasion Redwings). I love the feel of racing through the waves in Boats bigger than Fevas and Topaz. We have a decent number of sailors in the Handicap. However occasionally I don't have a crew when I am supposed to go out. So my question is: Can you sail it well by yourself? (eg would furling the jib and maybe reefing work). (I do have a plan to singlehand one in a few days in 20knot winds, call me crazy but any useful suggestions would be appreciated)
Thx

(sorry this post was originaly posted in the wrong place)
This linked thread on the forum also mention single handling. And say's that it't works up to 15 knots of wind

Back