Is Fleet Active?

nknutstad

Hello - Live in Benicia and am wondering if fleet is still active? Have a capri 14.2 and my son and I would like to learn to race.

I was wondering that myself but I don't think so. I think it was run out of this place:

http://www.shorelinelake.com/

I went out there and they have 5 to 7 Capri 14.2's in various states of repair. You can rent them for $22 / hr. I rented one before I bought mine to make sure I would like it. Not sure if they are part of the fleet operation though, as they don't seem to have standard regulation sails and other hardware that the rules call for. Try calling the number on the web site.

For an active sailing club try the Fremont sailing club. They have an active racing organization using FJ's, Lido's, and El Toros. They race on Fremont's Lake Elizabeth. They are a great group of people and will often let you borrow their boats or at least crew on them.

Whiskeytown lake

If you and your son want to trade months, our Lake, Whiskeytown, Redding Ca. then your place we will work some kind of racing schedule out. I would lie to get one of my grandsons racing with me as well. We have a 14.2........

Back