Iraq?

Re: iraq

Originally posted by chris
all i have to say is that americans are war junkies and george w. bush is lacking in the brains department

Your missing the point.!!!

It's not about Iraq....its about the message that you give those who are sympathetic to their cause.

If you lay down when someone walks into your house and kills your family you set a dangerous presedent; they will eventually realize that you are weak and will attack at will. But if you do the opposite and show strength and are proactive then the message is clear.

We must realize that the actions in Afghanistan, via Al-Queda, represent a small portion of organized terror factions in the world. Even in its suprisingly organized abilities they are poorly funded and organized in comparison to what a highly organized aniti - American country like Iraq can be and is. This is why Americans must do what we are doing.

Actually the US has offered more in releaf than any other country....by far; and mostly to countries that we are in conflict with...ie Afghanistan, and Iraq during desert storm. . This is widely known.!! I am actually suprised to see a response opposing this well known fact.

As for the rest I am weary of defending a ritous position.

"all i have to say is that americans are war junkies and george w. bush is lacking in the brains department."

I guess everone's entitled to their oppinion. It must be nice to sit in the relative shadow of the predominant super power of the world. !!! :mad: However we will be supressing no oppinions here today.

iraq

last time i checked this was a sailing form not wolf blitzers war room. americans super power? your economy is going down the drains, your president as i said earlier is a moron. iraq poses no present threat to americans, why doesn't george w. go after north korea, thay have admited to possesing nukes and they are an anti american state one of the axis of evil i belive. also attacking iraq will take attention away from afganastan where the real war on terror takes place. with that said if america goes to war with iraq i hope that saddam lays a beating on you punks while canada beats you on the laser course.

I hate wolf blitzer I myself am a Sean Hannity fan! Live weekdays 3-6 on radio and at night at 9 on the Fox News Channel

The president is working with Korea as well and Afghanistan. The United States is capable of doing more than one thing at once.

Re: iraq

last time i checked this was a sailing form not wolf blitzers war room. americans super power? your economy is going down the drains, your president as i said earlier is a moron. iraq poses no present threat to americans, why doesn't george w. go after north korea, thay have admited to possesing nukes and they are an anti american state one of the axis of evil i belive. also attacking iraq will take attention away from afganastan where the real war on terror takes place. with that said if america goes to war with iraq i hope that saddam lays a beating on you punks while canada beats you on the laser course.

Chris,

Lets keep away from the direct counrty bashing.....thats when things start to get ugly.

Thanks

ummm...k

ok this is why we should attack iraq...

back in the 90's, the world trade centers were bombed by terrorists. fortunately only 6 died. Clinton didn't do a damn thing. Then in later years, Osama Bin Laden declared war on America. Clinton didn't do a damn thing. Then the U.S.S. Cole was bombed. Clinton didn't do a damn thing. On sept. 11, 2001, the world trade centers along with the pentagon were attacked. Finnaly we took action.

what i'm getting to is that after all these terrorist attacks we did nothing until it was too late. sept 11 could have been prevented had we taken action earlier! but if we don't do something now, iraq will be like, "hell if they didn't do anything after sept 11 then lets send a nuke to israel or london or maybe even washington."we did nothing for so long. we can't be trampled over by radical assholes. something must be done and must be done now! before something even more devastating then sept 11 happens. If this does happen then our economy and government could crash and with it we'd bring down half the world. so all these bitches complaining should stand aside. half of them dont even know the whole story and are so ignorant to the affects if we dont go to war. Sudamn will go down and he will go down soon... for the good of the world.

Re: ummm...k

Originally posted by macwas16

back in the 90's, the world trade centers were bombed by terrorists. fortunately only 6 died. Clinton didn't do a damn thing. Then in later years, Osama Bin Laden declared war on America. Clinton didn't do a damn thing. Then the U.S.S. Cole was bombed. Clinton didn't do a damn thing. On sept. 11, 2001, the world trade centers along with the pentagon were attacked. Finnaly we took action.

what i'm getting to is that after all these terrorist attacks we did nothing until it was too late. sept 11 could have been prevented had we taken action earlier! but if we don't do something now, iraq will be like, "hell if they didn't do anything after sept 11 then lets send a nuke to israel or london or maybe even washington."we did nothing for so long. we can't be trampled over by radical assholes. something must be done and must be done now! before something even more devastating then sept 11 happens. If this does happen then our economy and government could crash and with it we'd bring down half the world. so all these bitches complaining should stand aside. half of them dont even know the whole story and are so ignorant to the affects if we dont go to war. Sudamn will go down and he will go down soon... for the good of the world.

Awesome........for a while I thought I was the only one on the forum that figured it out... ;)

OK FIRST OFF I DONT HAVE TIME TO CRUSH PHANtoms 'paper'. I only have time to fight one point.

"back in the 90's, the world trade centers were bombed by terrorists. fortunately only 6 died. Clinton didn't do a damn thing. Then in later years, Osama Bin Laden declared war on America. Clinton didn't do a damn thing. Then the U.S.S. Cole was bombed. Clinton didn't do a damn thing. On sept. 11, 2001, the world trade centers along with the pentagon were attacked. Finnaly we took action. "

Ok. You are 'right' about the terrorist. BUT as I have already said, YOU CANNOT link Al-Queda with SADDAM. Read my other posts and you will see why!

what i'm getting to is that after all these terrorist attacks we did nothing until it was too late. sept 11 could have been prevented had we taken action earlier! but if we don't do something now, iraq will be like, "hell if they didn't do anything after sept 11 then lets send a nuke to israel or london or maybe even washington."

I dont know about you, but I dont call going into Af. nothing. They were the problem and you 'took' care of it. Why would Iraq be saying that? Where do you get this from? And why are the rest of you agreeing with this? Do you actually not know better?

"we did nothing for so long. we can't be trampled over by radical assholes. something must be done and must be done now!"

Again, invading Iraq will not stop terrorist. THEY ARE NOT LINKED!
The only thing it could possibly accomplish would be to create more hatred in the Iraq people and possibly start a 'NEW' Iraqi terrorist group.

"If this does happen then our economy and government could crash and with it we'd bring down half the world."

I dont think so! Half the world? Get real!

"so all these bitches complaining should stand aside. half of them dont even know the whole story and are so ignorant to the affects if we dont go to war."

I guess I am one of these 'bitches' as you call us. And from the sounds of it, you dont really know what is going on. I dont think you even understand where all this 'hate' came from.

"Sudamn will go down and he will go down soon... for the good of the world. "

Its Saddam I believe. Not quite sure. I would only be happy to see Saddam fall to his own people, not to some foreigners!

Seth

PS. K why do you agree with him?

Ok. You are 'right' about the terrorist. BUT as I have already said, YOU CANNOT link Al-Queda with SADDAM. Read my other posts and you will see why!

Direct quote from the Washington Post:

"Al Qaeda terrorists fleeing Afghanistan are using Iraq as an escape route, and an unspecified number remain in Saddam Hussein's country while looking for new bases of operation."

"Some analysts believe Saddam has to know, and that the presence of al Qaeda fighters in Iraq is one more argument for President Bush to order an invasion to topple the Iraqi leader. Mr. Bush has threatened Saddam with military action on the principal argument that his weapons of mass destruction will one day fall into the hands of terrorists."

"With the al Qaeda network largely evicted from Afghanistan and its training camps destroyed, U.S. intelligence agencies are tracking terrorists as they search for new bases. Intelligence reports say al Qaeda members have stayed in Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, North Africa and South Asia. Some are trying to make it to the United States to carry out attacks, the reports say."

Yes it is true that there is no direct evidence supporting Iraq's envolvment with 911, as I've stated before. Do we just let them flee into another country and say oh well they got away. Instead of waiting for the "weapons of mass destruction / biological" to come to them they just hike over to Iran and Iraq and start training under a much more organized regime. It is true that other "hostile countries" have waepons of mass destruction but I'm only worried about the one's that weald them as threats. Kind of like gun control; lots of people have guns but its only the people that murder and rob with them that you have to be concerned with. But with nuclear weapons there's no second chance......we can't wait around and hope for the best......you can't turn if off once's its been detonated, this is life not the movies. If known terrorists like al quada are put in direct contact with those that have the ability to harbor these weapons and use them.....what do you think is going to happen..!!!! a picnic....I don't think so. A message has to be sent.!!!!

I dont know about you, but I dont call going into Af. nothing. They were the problem and you 'took' care of it. Why would Iraq be saying that? Where do you get this from? And why are the rest of you agreeing with this? Do you actually not know better?

It's fact that tens of thousands of al quada trained terrorist are fleeing into nearby countries not just Iraq; this has been reported in news papers all over the world. However Iraq is the only country devying the terms of losing a war. Its kind of like if Germany said F off after we kicked Hitilers ass in WW2.....what do you do let it all start up again or nip it in the butt before it goes to far.

Its not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing...or even knowing better; pretending to pass off simple rhetoric as supported claims in defiance will not fly......your oppinion is noted but being argumentative convinses no-one.

Again, invading Iraq will not stop terrorist. THEY ARE NOT LINKED!.

What is not linked.....terrorist and Iraq..??? This is a contradiction in terms !!!! and simply untrue. Invading Iraq will not stop terrorist, this is true, but not invading Iraq opens up the door for unfettered terror development. So your answer is to do nothing untill more die. UNACCEPTABLE.

The only thing it could possibly accomplish would be to create more hatred in the Iraq people and possibly start a 'NEW' Iraqi terrorist group.

Am I the only one that has seen the war footage of the people of Iraq cheering as the US troops liberated them. Thousands of the Red Guard surrendering at once most of them starving and confused. There will always be the hard line militant's that make up a small percentage of support for suppresive dictators but when the military fail so miserably like the Iraqi army did this is the first indication that they are ripe for a revolution. Their heart is just not into it.

I guess I am one of these 'bitches' as you call us. And from the sounds of it, you dont really know what is going on. I dont think you even understand where all this 'hate' came from.

I think after 911......we understand.

Its Saddam I believe. Not quite sure. I would only be happy to see Saddam fall to his own people, not to some foreigners!

As long as Saddam has control of the military, as is throughout history with any dictator, the people will be unable to retaliate. Only if a faction from within comes to life and refutes him and gains the support of the military will the possiblity ever exist that he can be overthrown. However, yet again, do we wait for this to happen....while more people die. The reactive approach is just not an option....at least in America. The last time we reacted was 911 and that was to late.

PS. K why do you agree with him? [/B]

A good offence is the best defence.

iraq

i think this is turning into a contest: who can write the longest response. if going to war will make guys feel better, than do it but start crying when there are more terrorist attacks, your economy goes down the drain and you loose the respect of the global community.

ummm...k

invading Iraq will not stop terrorist. THEY ARE NOT LINKED!

BUT SUDAMM IS A TERRORIST! he wants to kill inocent people by ghastly means. hes a thread to the world. how could you NOT call a person like this a terrorist?

ummm...k

ok everyone, i must tell a story. two days ago i went to new york city for the first time in my life. we did the empire state building, fifth avenue, ellis island, and all there was to do. and on the last day, we visited ground zero. the whole entire city block was barrakeded and through the fence i could see a massive whole. i looked up and saw two buildings that were so big and tall, they could pass as the tallest in lower mannhatan. then a street vendor handed me a booklet of the twin towers. in a picture, i saw the two biuldings i was staring at and next to them the twin towers hovering in the air and over twice as tall! next to me i saw a wall of names of the people who died there. people were signing the wall while crying hystarically. in the booklet i saw peoples faces running down the same street i was standing on and the towers coming down behind them. it was one of the most moving moments in my life. even my eyes started to water although i didn't know anyone who died. but it didn't matter. they were americans.

now i don't care if sudamm is or isn't directly related to sept 11 or al queda. but it doesn't matter either. sept 11 proved anyone can cause such mass destruction. our own planes were used against us. any person who has the power and the craziness to devestate the U.S. like on sept 11, in my mind, should be taken out.

these people say they fight the U.S. for their religion. but in what religion does it justify the killing of innocent people.

"BUT SUDAMM IS A TERRORIST! he wants to kill inocent people by ghastly means. hes a thread to the world. how could you NOT call a person like this a terrorist?"

Ok, mac. You are another example of an american who uses double standards! First off all 'wanting' to do something is not 'doing'. Secondly, Saddam is a dictator that that has killed to get in power. He is not the only one. The US supports other dictators. For example Pakistan, Saudia Arabia. The Saudia's 'princes' kill all the time. For example a Canadian is going to be killed in Saudia Arabia for a car bombing, BUT its been proving he was tortured and druged before he confessed on televison AND that there is NO possible way he was responsible. The Saudi's want to make an example of him! So are the 'princes' terrorist for killing mac? Why dont you invade Saudia Arabia(you are already there.) WAIT! You dont want conflict there, because you want OIL! SO MAC. Dont contradict yourself.

Seth

Re: ummm...k

ok everyone, i must tell a story. two days ago i went to new york city for the first time in my life. we did the empire state building, fifth avenue, ellis island, and all there was to do. and on the last day, we visited ground zero. the whole entire city block was barrakeded and through the fence i could see a massive whole. i looked up and saw two buildings that were so big and tall, they could pass as the tallest in lower mannhatan. then a street vendor handed me a booklet of the twin towers. in a picture, i saw the two biuldings i was staring at and next to them the twin towers hovering in the air and over twice as tall! next to me i saw a wall of names of the people who died there. people were signing the wall while crying hystarically. in the booklet i saw peoples faces running down the same street i was standing on and the towers coming down behind them. it was one of the most moving moments in my life. even my eyes started to water although i didn't know anyone who died. but it didn't matter. they were americans.

now i don't care if sudamm is or isn't directly related to sept 11 or al queda. but it doesn't matter either. sept 11 proved anyone can cause such mass destruction. our own planes were used against us. any person who has the power and the craziness to devestate the U.S. like on sept 11, in my mind, should be taken out.

these people say they fight the U.S. for their religion. but in what religion does it justify the killing of innocent people.

I recommend everyone make a visit to this site. Having been a victim of it's horror....first hand, and having seen it almost every day since and dealing with the pain that surrounds it, it certainly makes you see things differently. :(

where exactly is Nyack Ken?

About 20 miles north of the City.......right on the Hudson River, across from White Plains about 6 blocks from the Tappen Zee Bridge, where I sail many different boats...one of them the Laser. The hudson is an amazing place to sail if you ever have the opportunity I highly recommend it. :cool:

I own an old vintage colonial (about 170 yrs old) right on the water....it's sweet. I commute into the city for biusness about 3 days a week mostly downtown. On those clear days we still miss those towers

i have tried to stay away from this forum cause it's just constant bickering.

macwas shutup. how about the Red Cross building that was bombed in afgahnistan, why don't you go there and cry yourself a rriver, or any other place that the US has destroyed. How about hiroshima? I bet that wouldn't even bring a tear to your eye. You people are too bias it's not even funny. why don't you go get a better education that doesn't just teach you that AMERICA IS GOOD AMERICA IS GREAT.

i can see you point CDN sailor because i know that we are all somewhat brought up in ignorance and are from when we are born influenced in how we should think. but sept 11 was personal. you don't know cause you weren't there and you aren't american. of course i don't give a shit about heroshima cause they deserved to die imho. we bombed them because they declared war on us and we did to them so it was a fair fight. the red cross building well i wasn't there and it wasn't so close to home. i truly don't know the whole story about it so i cannot accurately comment on that. yes we have taken many innocent lives but only when we had declared war on that group/country. the acts of sept 11 were unpresidented, unantagonized, and unhumanly cowardly. i doubt you'd disagree with me that killing innocent people for such a cause is wrong.

and next time please stay away from the name calling. this is a debate between friends not lawyers.

Ok Mac. NEVER JOIN A DEBATE TEAM! You just made CDN sailors POINT FOR HIM! You might be influenced in a certain way since birth, but the truly intelligent people in this world are the ones who think for themselves. The ones who never stop asking. Never stop wondering. YOU CAN DO REASEARCH TO BECOME LESS IGNORANT! I unlike you, fell pain at anyones misfortunes, not just Canadians. Its DISGUSTING that you only feel pity for americans and that you think that I dont fell said for those 'americans' that died. The very fact you dont give a "shit" about Hiroshima makes you sound like some sort of Satanic creature. Then you say, they deserved to die!!?!?! Whats wrong with you! They were children, brothers, sisters, fathers, friends, mothers, sons, daughters! AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY THAT THOSE CIVILIANS DESERVED TO DIE! YOU ARE BIASED! GET A HEART!!!!!! Sept.11 was unpresidented, but NO it was not unantogonized MAC. You must read why they hate you as I posted. The US has a very sick and twisted foreign polivy that has prompted all this hate.

Seth

how can you be so stupid Bradley?
you're 20 maybe 30 years old and have the attitude of an 8 year old. Stop reading Republican R Us Magazine and WE'RE THE BEST newspaper.com

go goonie.

"doubt you'd disagree with me that killing innocent people for such a cause is wrong."
you're right i don't disagree. But you just contradicted yourself. You said that you don't think innocent people should die. DO SOME RESEARCH ABOUT HIROSHIMA. you think hiroshima was a military base? or the secret hideout of Usama Bin Laden? or even that evil Saddam guy?

get the facts before you say things
i don't pretend to know everything but i try not to comment on thignsi know nothing about.

I will no longer post to this thread and many others run by Bradley. I do not believe someone so close minded should be a representative of the ILCA. Goodbye and goodluck everyone.
I will still post to the juniors forum as that is where the youth voice should be heard.
Good bye.

In a final statement in this forum i will say.
Never stop asking questions, don't be followers and always- ALWAYS research things for yourself from multiple sources with multiple bias and determine by yourself what you believe the facts to be.

Originally posted by CDN Sailor
I will no longer post to this thread and many others run by Bradley. I do not believe someone so close minded should be a representative of the ILCA. Goodbye and goodluck everyone.
I will still post to the juniors forum as that is where the youth voice should be heard.
Good bye.

In a final statement in this forum i will say.
Never stop asking questions, don't be followers and always- ALWAYS research things for yourself from multiple sources with multiple bias and determine by yourself what you believe the facts to be.

Calm down.....everyone .

We all have to learn not to take others oppinions so personaly. You just can't run away when you don't agree. It's ok not to agree with what someone else is saying but don't get angry if you can't convince them that your thought process is right.....that's what makes us independant. No one here is going to say "Ok you've changed my mind your right and i'm wrong".....how much respect would we lose for each others oppinions then.

For those that have a difference of oppinion .......you can agree to disagree, and move on.

Thank You
Ken

:)

ummm...k

way to be ken!

yeah seriously, brad and i are just proud americans. we aren't close minded we just believe.

back to the point, i believe there is one simple reason why we should attack iraq. congress signed a declaration of war on terrorism. not on bin laden nor al queda. so, if sudamn is not being fair in the inspections or if the inspectors find some plan to attack america or its allies INCLUDING CANADA, then we have all the right in the world to take him out.

the same exact thing happened in WW2. congress signed a declaration of war against the empire of japan NOT NAZI GERMANY. but we didn't only kick the japaneze's asses but we kicked nazi ass as well. i'm hoping for the same outcome this time around.

and about my comment of the victims of heroshima; what i said i wish i could take back. i'm sorry. innocent people died and nowhere in the world in my mind is that exceptable. we should have attacked heroshima because they were a major weapons and ammo suppy depot but to nuke 'em was very very wrong. war is between countries not between civilians who have no say. and to whomever called me close minded well im not. i try to see things from every point of view for the fairness of it all. at that moment howeever, yes i was close minded to get a point across.

iraq

Originally posted by Bradley
Well I would consider your post but there is one problem:

America is the best Country in the World!!
There is no doubt in my mind. I am proud to be an American and your comment doesn't offend me because I know it is false.

USA USA USA USA

ALL YOU FLAG WAVIN' AMERICANS NEED TO CAN IT, EVERYONE KONWS THAT CANADA IS SUPERIOR,

Busy with young sister and homework. Lots to post. give me time!

that says something about americans YOU ARE ALL IGNORANT

Chris,

What do you say we "bottle the edge" with the blatent american bashing. There hasn't been one post that has equaled your sentiments regarding Canada ....and it's respective people. We cannot allow ourself to sink to that level.......respect each others oppinions prove that you are better than that.

Thank You

Has there been a font increase on the page? Or is it just me? MAytve I should restart my comp....

Back