Intro: old sailor.... but new to forum

Hello Sunfish Forum people! I've been reading this forum off and on for years, and enjoyed your opinions, ideas, and comments.

So... by way of introductions, I'm Dave....aka Blue Heron for this forum. ( I know, it's not very flashy or creative, but there's one sitting on my seawall right now, and it's all I could think of. )

I've been sailing since I was 10years old, in all sorts of boats. Recently, I came to the realization that I was spending too much time / money / effort working on my bigger boat and not spending enough time on the water. So I decided to get back to my sailing roots. In the spring I bought a 1997 Sunfish and fixed it up. All this summer, I've been cruising around the bay, and having a GREAT time!

Anyway.... it's good to meet you guys. I look forward to talking to you.

Dave

welcome dave, i'm an older guy also and like sunfish fun better than my catalina 22 i used to have.
going to teach my grandkids on it also.

Welcome, Dave.... from another old guy. I have a DaySailer, but spend about 90% of my sailing time on the Sunfish.... Great alone or with other family members sailing their own!

Hi all! Thanks for the warm welcome. Between the warm welcome here, and the nice weather we've had locally it's been a great time for sailing!

Back