What's new

Intensity Sails "Loop On" sails?

Merit

Hey all,
I'm looking to replace the sail on our new-to-us 1986 sunfish. Searching this forum it seems like Intensity Sails is the way to go, and the price is right. I noticed they have a "loop on" sail: Intensity Sails Loop On Red, White & Blue Sunfish Sail
Does anyone have that sail? What are the pros and cons vs using the clips? It does sound easier but I'm also a little concerned about what happens if a loop breaks? It's a lot easier to replace a clip than sew a loop.

Thanks!

sailcraftri

I purchased one of these sails. I first thought that all loops were velcro, therefore adjustable. However, that is not the case. Most are fixed loops. I think that the loops are too big and there is too much distance between the sail and boom. I know for the lower boom it is necessary to get by the mainsheet blocks. I would stick with the sail clip version, IMO.

L&VW

I'm also a little concerned about what happens if a loop breaks? It's a lot easier to replace a clip than sew a loop. Thanks!
ShooGoo is a tough substitute for stitches. Clamp it and let the glue set overnight outdoors! :eek:

Pippins

I love intensity and they are great to deal with, but the sail with the built in loops is a no go, at least for anyone looking for performance/club racing. A local racer bought one of these and I got to inspect it and see it sail. The loops are just too big.