InStep Boat and Canoe Carrier (cc100)

dpcsurfer

I am looking for an inexpensive cart to transport a sunfish a couple of hundred yards down a mulched path to a lake. This carrier can be fould for less than $100 and looks like it would work. Does anyone have any experience with this? For the price, I am thinking that it would be easier than building one myself...

Thanks!

Seitech has two new collapsible dolly models, one for canoe, the other for kayak. Unlike the popular model designed for the Sunfish, these new models are axle-only, with no tongue or handle. They strap, instead, around the boat, and the bow becomes the handle. Might be a bad fit for a 'fish, but someone is bound to try it...

www.seitech.com

Kevin

Thanks for the lead...not sure if the Seitech would have the clearance for the fish. I wish I could afford a regular Seitech dolly, but that would really be overkill for what I need. I am hoping that someone here has looked at the InStep cart and tried to put their fish on it. It looks like it would work...

I use that type of cart. I think that the two foam rollers place too much stress on the hull, so I made a wooden brace that fits in between the foam rollers. The brace is a piece of plywood about 4' long, and 1.5' wide. I cut out space for the wheels, and added a curved wooden block that supports the keel. Then, I screwed two wooden blocks underneath to keep it from sliding forward. Then I just strap the boat to the cart.

I wouldn't use that cart without making a brace to help support your boat.

Attachments

• Sunfish Cart.jpg
    Sunfish Cart.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 61
Interesting. I appreciate the drawings! Forgive the novice question, but I want to make sure I understand... Would I be better off haveing a single support on the keel or extending the two supports to be 4' or so?

Thanks!

I didn't extend the foam pads. I cut the wooden block so that when the keel was resting on it, the two foam pads just touch the hull. That was the hardest part of making the brace, and it was mostly trial and error.

Back