Installing aluminum rub rail around the corners on a Sunfish...

Thread starter #23
Great repair!

So, now, which boat will you keep?
Funny you ask. I took my last vacation day yesterday and took her out sailing. nice day 80 degrees 10 mph wind on lake Hartwell . Looking at her I was really torn on which boat to keep... I'm going to shrink wrap this one for the winter and use the trailer to do the fiberglass work on the newer one and decide in the spring...The 1999 sunfish hull does need a lot of work and I am planning to re gel coat ... I have a boat builder friend that will spray it for me after I do the repairs ... Its funny how torn I am on which one to keep .

Last edited:
Funny you ask. I took my last vacation day yesterday and took her out sailing. nice day 80 degrees 10 mph wind on lake Hartwell . Looking at her I was really torn on which boat to keep... I'm going to shrink wrap this one for the winter and use the trailer to do the fiberglass work on the newer one and decide in the spring...The 1999 sunfish hull does need a lot of work and I am planning to re gel coat ... I have a boat builder friend that will spray it for me after I do the repairs ... Its funny how torn I am on which one to keep .
That is a great job! Useful information that only you could have shared.