Installation of Strap Eye for Mainsheet Block

Supercar

I recently purchased my first Sunfish. The hull was claimed to be a 1980 hull. It does not have a mainsheet block of the strap eye to connect it too; only the hook on the front of the foot well. I would like to install a strap eye and mainsheet block. I have searched, but cannot find information on whether a backing plate exists where the strap eye would be located and finally what size screws should be used.

These seem like very simple questions, so I thought I could find the answers, but after several hours of searching and reading, I'm at a loss.

Thanks,
Dave

I used 10-24 1" stainless machine screws with washers and lock nuts.
The glass is 2 layers there, the deck and the cockpit flange. It's pretty strong

My block came with the boat, and works well for me. (Except when turned over for storage on a dock).

Does anyone know where I can buy another setup like this one? (Block, cam cleat, swivel, and bent plate?)

P8080068.JPG

I recently purchased my first Sunfish. The hull was claimed to be a 1980 hull. It does not have a mainsheet block of the strap eye to connect it too; only the hook on the front of the foot well. I would like to install a strap eye and mainsheet block. I have searched, but cannot find information on whether a backing plate exists where the strap eye would be located and finally what size screws should be used.

These seem like very simple questions, so I thought I could find the answers, but after several hours of searching and reading, I'm at a loss.

Thanks,
Dave
Check out this: http://sailingforums.com/threads/installing-eye-strap-and-racket-swivel-block.16750/

Thanks for your feedback. I did see the thread on installing the swivel block and it was one of the threads that told me roughly what to do, but I wanted to be clear on the specifics of making sure the strap eye was secured properly.

Back