Installation of Radio

skogen1

Good Afternoon
I just completed installation of an AM/FM/Satellite Radio, Compass and
amp meter in my 1992 Carpi.
I thought I would share the attached before and after pictures.
If anyone would like some more information, they are welcome to
e-mail me.

Paul
[email protected]

Attachments

• 000_2498.jpg
    000_2498.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 208
  • 000_1359.jpg
    000_1359.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 209
Nice job. That deck under that mast step was toast. I hope those screws are stainless steel. Is your boat a fixed keel version? Where do you sail? And lastly... What, no big screen with surround sound?

All kidding aside, congrats on a nice install!:)

Very Nice

You do very nice work. It looks from the pictures that your boat is a model 2 with the "tunnel" under the deck. Did you remove the "tunnel"? If so how is the door mounted and how did you seal it? Is the wood teak or oak?

Thanks
Roger Lohrey

IS0LD0UT said:
Nice work. Wanna mod mine too?
Good Morning:

The main door hatch is pretty easy to do. It's the cut outs for the accessories that is time consuming.

With a little time and patientance, anyone can do it. If not, I could always
make a hatch panel (providing yours is the same as mine) and send it to you
without the cutouts.

rjsailnsd said:
Nice job. That deck under that mast step was toast. I hope those screws are stainless steel. Is your boat a fixed keel version? Where do you sail? And lastly... What, no big screen with surround sound?

All kidding aside, congrats on a nice install!:)

Good Morning.

Yes, I was surprised when the rope caught the trailer as I was pulling the trailer out of the water. I was not a happy camper that day. However, things usually turn out for the best.
Yes, everything was redone in Oak and Stainless.
Yes, the boat is a fixed keel. I like it very much. Alot more stable with kids in the boat.
Sail the waters of Central Minnesota. Lots of Lakes in the Area. Try to get on a different lake every other weekend. Lots of fun.

HAVE A GREAT DAY
Paul

Roger Lohrey said:
You do very nice work. It looks from the pictures that your boat is a model 2 with the "tunnel" under the deck. Did you remove the "tunnel"? If so how is the door mounted and how did you seal it? Is the wood teak or oak?

Thanks
Roger Lohrey

Good Morning Roger

It was a lot of fun repairing the boat. Yes, the boat is a Model 2 with tunnel.
I left the tunnel in. The battery for the accessories, is in the very front of the tunnel. I still have room for life jacket in the cuddy tunnel.
The cuddy tunnel is sealed with caulking. The door hatch is secured to the
the tunnel with marine velcro. It seems to hold very well. I will see how well the velcro holds up as the summer goes on.
I used Oak with a marine spar varnish.

Thanks for the Interest
HAVE A GREAT DAY
Paul

New tunel

Hi, i am new to the forum, i got a 1990, it is a keel model, i sail in lake amistad, and we have some nasty wind sometimes and the keel is great, i got it this week, but the tunel is broken, ca any budy tell me wee can i get a new one. And cost.

Thanks

I posted a couple days ago asking about people with stereo's installed before I saw this. I LOVE it. How / where is the battery mounted, and what size / type did you use? Any remote charging terminals? Details on the radio? and antenna?

Back