Installation of new Cubitainers

Hi,
I am restoring a Laser. All the old cubictainers had broken to pieces in the hull, must have froze with water in them. Anyway, after clearing all the pieces, that took some time and patience, I need to install new ones. With only one inspection port does anyone have some hints how to inflate the cubictainer once I get it into the hull?
Thanks!

Hi,
I am restoring a Laser. All the old cubictainers had broken to pieces in the hull, must have froze with water in them. Anyway, after clearing all the pieces, that took some time and patience, I need to install new ones. With only one inspection port does anyone have some hints how to inflate the cubictainer once I get it into the hull?
Thanks!
The original cubitainers have a screw-cap (view to the lower picture of my attached photo). One is able to fold the cubitainers to put them inside of the hull. Bow: 3 x ~ 10 liter-cubitainers / Rear of the cockpit: 3 x ~ 5 liter-cubitainers.
Ciao
LooserLu

Attachments

• Cubitaner.jpg
    Cubitaner.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 120
Hi,
Thanks for the advice but I guess I wasn't clear. I need to put the cubictainers in the hull and then inflate them. How do I hold on to it thru one inspection port and inflate it . Doesn't seem like there is enough room for my hand and the cubictainer.

The original cubitainers have a screw-cap (view to the lower picture of my attached photo). One is able to fold the cubitainers to put them inside of the hull. Bow: 3 x ~ 10 liter-cubitainers / Rear of the cockpit: 3 x ~ 5 liter-cubitainers.
Ciao
LooserLu
Are you saying that there are 6 cubetainers total in there, or just three? I pulled two out of the laser I am working on. Also, will the boat work without them? Do they still put them in new boats?

Thanks,

Are you saying that there are 6 cubetainers total in there, or just three? I pulled two out of the laser I am working on. Also, will the boat work without them? Do they still put them in new boats?

Thanks,
The purpose of the cubitainer is to keep the boat from sinking if the hull filled with water. Yes, new boats have them.

Back