Inheriting an old Sunfish in need of repair - can I do it myself?

They are rather important. They are for the bridle that the aft end of the sheet is tied to. Sounds like the bridle is missing too.

No sir! I have both the bridle eyes and the bridle. This is a little longer than the bridle eyes, and sits aft of them by just a few inches.

Well, it's like this. Sailing ships would often be refitted two or three times in the ships life depending on the masters wishes and what duty the ship was assigned to. This is just jim-dandy for model builders as often the original deck plan in no way resembles a picture of what the ship looked like at the end of its career. Guess your boat is no different, welcome to the sailing world.

I got out on the water this weekend! No paint job yet, but she's water-worthy. It took three new inspection ports, some pop-riveting, marine epoxy repairs to the hull, new backing blocks and fresh sheets, plus a shiny new cotter pin for the rudder. And we're off! Planning for a paint job soon and hoping for a new sail for our birthday (I and my boat, Moira Gail, are twins, and will be sharing a birthday from here on).

Attachments

• IMG_4826.JPG
    IMG_4826.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
Welcome to boat ownership... what's the old saw? It's like standing under a cold shower at 0300 and tearing up $100 bills, LOL. :eek:

Back