info: Laser Line length

clouser_minnow

i've been asking a lot on this forum and i thought i'd contribute, i've just changed the lines on my laser, and for newbies, and those who are changing their lines, here we are, these are the lengths I use, and of course would vary according to how your boat is set up. my boat has a holt powerpack upgrade as well as the harken vang.

Mainsheet- 15 meters, 7mm diameter... 14 meters will also be fine but i like the extra length because i attach the line to my hiking strap, and i occationally vigorously jerk the mainsheet while going downwind to put pressure back on the sail.

Vang - 1.5m length with 4mm diameter, and 5 meters of 4mm diameter, i believe i have the 15:1 ratio system. the 1.5 meters might be a little long but lines come in 1/2 meter lengths minimum so 1.5m would be the minimum since 1m is too short.

outhaul- 7 meters of 4mm line and 1meter with 4mm diameter... note: 6meters will do on the longer line. this system utilises 4 blocks excluding the one on the boat deck, including the one at the mast.

Cunningham- 4 meters with 4mm diameter,

Traveller- 4 meters with 5mm diameter, 5 meters would be much much better!

i'll try to get some photos of my rigging up sometime soon... hope you guys have had a solid weekend of sailing! i'm in the process of getting my roll gybes down pat.

Back