Class Politics Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, western Pennsylvania

Merrily

Administrator
I’m writing to sailors in District 18 of the ILCA-MA to introduce myself as the new Secretary. I sail out of Leatherlips Yacht Club in Powell, Ohio, which is just north of Columbus. I’m my small fleet’s captain. I am also the administrator “Merrily” here on the forum.

The district has been without a secretary for quite some time, so there’s some catching up to do with data. The information that I received about Laser fleets in the district from the national office is three years old. I’m hoping that if you’ll answer some questions, we can get up to speed in a hurry. I’m collecting the information to answer Laser sailors’ questions about sailing venues and to be able to coordinate district regatta schedules, so here goes--

1. Are you a member of a sailing club? If so, what is its name? If not, where do you sail?

2. If you are a club member, does your club have a Laser fleet? What’s its number?

3. What is your fleet captain’s contact information?

4. Does your club have an annual Laser regatta to which non-members are invited? When is it? How well attended is it?

5. How can I best serve you as district secretary?

If you want great sailing opportunities, please answer the above carefully. You can reach me at [email protected]. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

Janet Rupert

Back