-- IMPORTANT - The future of the General Discussion Forum

Should we keep the General Discussion Thread? Please read post below first..

• Yes Keep the forum!

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No, I agree we should remove it.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I could really care less.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Bradley

Admin/Operations
Staff member
Hello All,

In an effort to make the forum easier to use and more consolidated, I think that it would be best to fade out the General Discussion forum.

SINCE this is a forum and not a email list, other topics that are not directly related to laser sailing could be posted in the main LASER TALK Forum and those viewers not interested do not have to click on them (unlike an email list where ALL post are sent). I believe eleminating this forum (And merging the existing post into Laser Talk) will be the best way to go. Please post your comments on this and participate in the poll.

I disagree with you brad. i think that ANY forum needs some kind of general chat, no matter what the subjet. i have never gone to a board that DOESN'T have a general chat forum

I agree with Phantom. Since we all do share common interests, and have gotten to know each other very well we should be able to cary out regular discussion with our friends here.

OK OK....For now We will leave it up, unless this vote turns around. I think that TLF has too many different topics areas and we need to consolidate and make things easier to use. IF you have suggestions on how we can do this better please send them to me, or post them here.

Best,

Originally posted by Bradley
OK OK....For now We will leave it up, unless this vote turns around. I think that TLF has too many different topics areas and we need to consolidate and make things easier to use. IF you have suggestions on how we can do this better please send them to me, or post them here.

Best,

sorry, been on a trip :)

brad, you should see my forum, i have about twice as many topics, it all depends on wether or not they get posted in. thats all

I am just asking for input. The general discussion doesn't actually get used alot, and tends to confuse some of the new users, as they think "General Laser Discussion". I have made it about as clear as possible but i still have to move post sometimes. PLUS some random topics could go under our main forum. If we Deleted it, I may change Laser Talk - Main Forum to just "Main Discussion Forum". There are a million things that could be done, I am just looking for your input. I hope the listing in The Laser Sailor will bring us a nice group of users. I just want to make the site easy, quick, and ready for all to use it.

Quick and easy means making sure the s*** that is polluting the laser e-mail list at the moment doesn't penetrate the laser forum. Keeping them separate is vital - look at the mailing list if you need proof of the importance of separation!!

Actually, If the need arrives, and the political and "ethical" stuff flows into this forum, A seperate catergory on the main page will be created so that those not interested can easily tune it out. Originally there was a "Class Issues" board, but no one used it. SO I faded it out. If the need arrives I will quickly bring it back.

Keeping the laser discussion separate creates a massive amount of easy to access, concentrated laser info. Very user friendly and ever increasing in volume. Stick with a limited number of separate (well defined) forums (IMHO).

This is the plan as of now, simple and limited number of forums.

More information will be posted shortly, maybe a "State of the Forum" type post. Look for that in the 'Late Breaking News' Forum soon.

Back